Mr. Deity

Rivers

There is a former mormon who does this series of short episodes called Mr. Deity. It is about a guy named Mr. Deity who is the God of our world. Each episode portrays what God does on a daily basis and how he thinks. If you can look past the blasphemy and not take it to seriously, it is actually quite clever and funny. The show is very well made. It also makes you think about a lot of things.

The show has its own youtube channel. Has anybody seen it?

I've seen all of them many times, and I think they're hysterical. And I don't think any of them are "pretty stupid," Doctor Steuss. Let's see where you end up at Mr. Deity's after party. ;-)

Lol.

There is a former mormon who does this series of short episodes called Mr. Deity. It is about a guy named Mr. Deity who is the God of our world. Each episode portrays what God does on a daily basis and how he thinks. If you can look past the blasphemy and not take it to seriously, it is actually quite clever and funny. The show is very well made. It also makes you think about a lot of things.

I have watched a few episodes.

You see the show referenced quite a bit on atheist related forums.

I agree, the videos are fairly clever and witty. Not much of a fan though.

I can see why atheist types might get a big kick out of it. From what I remember, the show liked to "expose" what they view as paradoxical in the form of satire.

Reminds me of a British comedy show filmed with American comedians.... Now that is a paradox.

It's no "Mitchell and Webb Look" but I suppose if you can side step the blasphemous mischaracterizations, you might find something useful there.

I've seen all of them many times, and I think they're hysterical. And I don't think any of them are "pretty stupid," Doctor Steuss. Let's see where you end up at Mr. Deity's after party. ;-)

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Lulz.

(*Re-examines opinion of Mr. Diety, given the potential incentives...*)

@Mudcat: Give me the budget of Mitchell and Web and see what I can do. I'm the only writer and we have absolutely no budget. You should see where Mr. Deity can go with a budget. We have a pilot and additional shows written for a thirty minute series. There's so much more that can be done if we could just get out of the white/black background, get some sets, writers, a crew, etc... I write, direct, produce, act... I'm the grip, the DP, the sound guy, the gaffer, the editor, colorist, sound mixer, composer, and poster -- and I write and layout the newsletter! You can't compare our show to something like Mitchell and Web. C'mon, Mudcat. Be fair.

@Mudcat: Give me the budget of Mitchell and Web and see what I can do. I'm the only writer and we have absolutely no budget. You should see where Mr. Deity can go with a budget. We have a pilot and additional shows written for a thirty minute series. There's so much more that can be done if we could just get out of the white/black background, get some sets, writers, a crew, etc... I write, direct, produce, act... I'm the grip, the DP, the sound guy, the gaffer, the editor, colorist, sound mixer, composer, and poster -- and I write and layout the newsletter! You can't compare our show to something like Mitchell and Web. C'mon, Mudcat. Be fair.

Mr. Deity,

I went back a watched a few episodes of it again. It was a bit funnier than I remembered.. still blasphemous of course... but funnier than I remembered.

Given the fact that you are working on a shoe string budget, I think your doing a great job and may have been a bit harsh in my initial statement. Hopefully you will count it as a bit affable newbie hazing and nothing with serious pejorative intent.

Likely it was a bit of a faulty comparison on my part, taking all you have said into account. My apologies.

Regards,

Mudcat

I don't think there was any comparison. I was surprised with the initial burst of interest the show didn't pick up a lot more funding. I think one of the funniest things you did was the black and white extra on how to find money to support an internet show.

I didn't know he used to be Mormon but I have seen his show. He's a pretty funny and clever guy, IMO.

Archived