Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

It's Not Every Day that an Honor Like This Comes Along


Daniel Peterson

Recommended Posts

Posted

Follow me here Jaybear - DCP (laughingly) pointed out the latest Scratch insult launched his way. NO ONE was taking it literally.

Of course Dan presented it quote laughing. I did not suggest otherwise. He used the quote mockingly to advance his claim that Scratch was becoming "unhinged"(his word).

Of course no one here was taking it literally. I did not suggest otherwise. After all, the statement is facially absurd.

Why you felt the need to defend the inclusion of "context" in this thread is the real mystery here.

Well you expressly asked: "Is that supposed to make things better?"

The answer is yes. It certainly helped me understand why Scratch would say something so foolish. In full context, it not a mock worthy quote, its just an opinion driven rant condemning Dan's apologetic style. For you, I doubt context matters.

Posted

Well you expressly asked: "Is that supposed to make things better?"

The answer is yes. It certainly helped me understand why Scratch would say something so foolish. In full context, it not a mock worthy quote, its just an opinion driven rant condemning Dan's apologetic style.

Newsflash for you - EVERYTHING Scratch does is a calculated opinion driven rant condemning DCP's apologetic style. That doesn't justify the vitriol.

For you, I doubt context matters.

WTH is that about?

Posted
In full context, it not a mock worthy quote, its just an opinion driven rant condemning Dan's apologetic style.

For the record, I don't think the context helps all that much. The comment is still transparently absurd and abundantly mock-worthy.

However, to be fair to him, he did clarify his position substantially two days later, calling me merely "a human dung heap."

Mortal Man will hasten to add that the Stalker says these things only because I pay him attention and provoke him. But I wasn't involved in these conversations. It's my existence that provokes him. My fault.

Posted
The spite still comes through loud and clear. However, the context clarifies that Scratch is not making a patently irrational claim that would place Dan on par with such truly evil mormon notables as Arthur Gary Bishop, John D. Lee, Ronnie Lee Gardner, Cecil Jacobson, Mark Hoffman, etc.

Point of order: (I love the way you try to slip these little jaybearisms under the radar by burying them in lists.) Mark Hofmann was an anti-Mormon notable. Other anti-Mormons, while not emulating his actions, have openly admired his "achievements." One of his old friends has frequently exploited Hofmann's crimes for polemical purposes by citing him as "evidence" that the leaders of the Church are not inspired.

Regards,

Pahoran

Posted

Mortal Man will hasten to add that the Stalker says these things only because I pay him attention and provoke him.

I've never said any such thing.

But I wasn't involved in these conversations. It's my existence that provokes him.

If I were to venture a wild guess, I'd say it's your legacy.

At any rate, I'd rather be discussing something more interesting, like The Sealed Plates!

Posted

I've never said any such thing.

If I were to venture a wild guess, I'd say it's your legacy.

The notion that anything in Daniel's "legacy" justifies such character assassination is as wacky as the attacks themselves.

Posted

The notion that anything in Daniel's "legacy" justifies such character assassination is as wacky as the attacks themselves.

Name-calling doesn't rise to the level of character assassination, whether it be "dung heap" or "Malevolent Stalker". Character assassination requires sustained effort and meticulous rhetoric, not just emotional outbursts.

Posted

Name-calling doesn't rise to the level of character assassination, whether it be "dung heap" or "Malevolent Stalker". Character assassination requires sustained effort and meticulous rhetoric, not just emotional outbursts.

Seriously, have you seen what Scratch has done re: DCP and others?

Posted

Seriously, have you seen what Scratch has done re: DCP and others?

"Every person, all the events of your life, are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you." -- Richard Bach

I'll tell you what, as the impartial, dispassionate, objective, unbiased, fair and balanced board referee that I am, I hereby declare Scratch's latest atrocity to be "quite a distinction" indeed and assert that Dan has every right to be proud of it. I furthermore declare his OP to be worth every single one of the 12 reputation points which it has garnered thus far (one of which is from me).

Is everybody happy with that? Now can we talk about The Sealed Plates?

Posted

"Every person, all the events of your life, are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you." -- Richard Bach

I'll tell you what, as the impartial, dispassionate, objective, unbiased, fair and balanced board referee that I am, I hereby declare Scratch's latest atrocity to be "quite a distinction" indeed and assert that Dan has every right to be proud of it. I furthermore declare his OP to be worth every single one of the 12 reputation points which it has garnered thus far (one of which is from me).

Is everybody happy with that? Now can we talk about The Sealed Plates?

I must have missed the post where you were dragged into the discussion.

Posted

Seriously, have you seen what Scratch has done re: DCP and others?

He speculated that I have high triglyceride levels because of the Death by Chocolate avatar I had. It hurt my feelings. Perhaps I need a salad avatar.

Posted

This is, really, probably not worth posting. I realize that. But I"m extravagantly pleased with it, and want to share. As Achilles says (of something quite different) in the Iliad, it's a poor thing, but it's mine:

My Malevolent Stalker, a critic of the Church and its members who posts over at another board and of whom some of you are aware, pronounced me just this morning -- having carefully examined my activities over the past thirty years or thereabouts -- to be "one of the most evil and degenerate people that the Church has ever produced."

That's quite a distinction, and I hope that some of you can appreciate why it makes me so very proud.

It'e not fair, the honor should be mine. I think it is only because you have a very public position to work from and I am stuck here at home.

Congratulations anyway.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...