Seriously No Politics ×

Evil Speaking Of The Lord’S Anointed. When Do We Go Too Far?

So who's this "we" then? That's what I meant by double minded. Sounds to me like you are representing yourself as a member while you are not.

Like I said, its complicated lol. I'm Mormon, but I'm not a member of the LDS Church. I'm a fundamentalist. However, I do defend the Church, which is why I chose to come to this site. Though I must admit when I first got on here, I was under the impression it was an LDS vs anti-Mormon site, and not an LDS vs LDS site.

Like I said, its complicated lol. I'm Mormon, but I'm not a member of the LDS Church. I'm a fundamentalist. However, I do defend the Church, which is why I chose to come to this site. Though I must admit when I first got on here, I was under the impression it was an LDS vs anti-Mormon site, and not an LDS vs LDS site.

Please be a little more specific. Are you a Warren Jeffs fundie? If so, you are gonna really have a hard time here.

There's nothing abnormal about the way I speak. I believe that the education we have is reflected in how we speak.

I didn't mean to imply that you speak abnormally, only that you speak eloquently. That's a good thing of course, so don't get me wrong. All I'm implying is that sometimes it's nice to simply talk simple talk.

Please be a little more specific. Are you a Warren Jeffs fundie? If so, you are gonna really have a hard time here.

No, I'm not a Warren Jeffs fundamentalist. I'm A.U.B. I usually try and keep that quiet though so don't tell lol.

Edited by TruthSeeker24

I didn't mean to imply that you speak abnormally, only that you speak eloquently. That's a good thing of course, so don't get me wrong. All I'm implying is that sometimes it's nice to simply talk simple talk.

No, I'm not a Warren Jeffs fundamentalist. I'm A.U.B. I usually try and keep that quiet though so don't tell lol.

Ahh...so you belong to the same group as the family from "Sister Wives". Interesting. I don't see that group as fundamentalist so much as just practitioners of polygamy with no real theological direction. No offense, of course.

Yet of course that specifically excludes people who have received the initiatories.

People who had their washing and anointing were admitted to the Anointed Quorum even though they were only anointed "to become" kings and queens. They were still anointed. (Many of them also were anointed "as" kings and queens, which is what happens in the second anointing.)

That would make every elder who goes on a mission "the Lord's annointed" vs a very much smaller possible set size, including virtually only apostles and prophets and some general authorities as known members of the group, and others which would not be known to the general membership.

When Smith developed the Endowment ceremony, and during his lifetime, Anointed Quorum was relatively small. Everyone in the Quorum knew everyone else well.

The Anointed Quorum was discontinued, of course, and the number of "the Lord's anointed" is perhaps in the millions by now. But the central principle was, simply, that evil speaking in general was an impure practice. This goes back to Titus 3:2 and James 4:11. Regardless of what the Endowment ceremony says, the bible says don't speak evil of anyone.

Honestly I find it strange that a member of the AUB talks about how all in the LDS Church must be unified and never speak against one's leaders and follow their directions, etc.

Yes it is quite ironic isn't it??

This topic reminds me of a facebook post I saw recently:

"Jacob was a cheater, Peter had a temper, David had an affair, Noah got drunk, Jonah ran from God, Paul was a murderer, Gideon was insecure. Miriam was a gossiper. Martha was a worrier. Thomas a doubter. Sarah was impatient. Elijah was depressed. Moses stuttered. etc. etc. God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifes the Called. Remember that you are not perfect but God is working in your life anyway."

I used to have a good friend who was a member of that group. We've sadly lost touch, but I never knew him to act with anything less than the highest integrity.

To the general topic of the post:

Given the public disagreements between even members of the quorum of the twelve in the first century of our history (and in the first century AD apparently), I can't imagine that we are not to express disagreement with our leaders. I agree with those who have said that we are not to slander them or even to publicly abuse them for their actual faults. (If you know of a serious transgression committed by a leader, there are ways defined in scripture to resolve the problem in private.)