Hello

Hello everyone. My name is Mike, and I chose the username Brooklyn because the first address I remember was in Brooklyn New York, and that's where I think of myself as being from. And I'm an investigator.

Brooklyn, welcome to the board. This place has both believers and not, including some strong critics.  We manage civil faith topics pretty well imo for those who like debate as well as discussion...but we have to avoid politics as that appears to be an area where incivility is inevitable. 

If you want to ask questions to get info just from mostly believers or with no debate or criticism allowed, the best place is in this forum. 

If you want a variety of comments from both believers and critics, the best place is the General Discussion forum but you need 25 posts to start a thread in there. That can be easily achieved by wandering around and making comments on others’ threads or using the pinned three word thread in this forum to rapidly up your post count. And if you don’t want to do either, you could list a question here on this thread and then someone can repost it for you in the main forum. 

If you are comfortable, tell us a bit about yourself and what you are interested in, please. 

On 4/26/2021 at 4:43 AM, Calm said:

If you are comfortable, tell us a bit about yourself and what you are interested in, please. 

Yes Brooklyn, I always enjoy hearing about the people posting here... I'm the proverbial old woman, 80 yrs old, living with my cat... in a cottage on the central Oregon coast.  Lately I've become so arthritic in my hands I can't draw or paint like I used to and that has been a loss to me... But I'm truly blessed in so many ways in spite of being alone... my Lincoln City ward is wonderful... 

GG