Seriously No Politics ×

Books thread

poptart

Just finished "Biased" - eye opening and really made me look at myself.

And "Trust First".  What an amazing story.  It's about a pastor who starts a place to help others in need and how it grows from there.  The whole thing is based on trusting those in need as a friend would. Being the friend and allowing yourself to love those in need. Understanding that giving dignity to others and loving them is the important part - not trying to change them.  Allowing them to make the choice to change as they feel safe.

Just finished "The Polygamous Wives Writing Club".
The stories were intriguing to read.  A glimpse into the realities of that time.  The chosen format for telling the story was silly.  "They lived in the same town, they could have gotten together and commiserated, they didn't but let's pretend etc".

Almost done with Ulrich's "A House Full of Females".
I am fascinated by these stories, and especially that despite the title of the book it's not really about plural marriage.  It's more about tracing the course of the Church from a female perspective.  And it's very well written including some interesting stories I'd never heard elsewhere (sometimes Church history books recycle the same anecdotes ad nauseam.)

Edited by JLHPROF