Seriously No Politics ×

Non Members Reserving Ordinances

Are some non-members reserving ordinances to prevent them from being done after their death?

I suspect that several former members who would do that if they thought it would prevent their relatives from having their ordinances done again.

Edited by JamesBYoung

This is the response I got, 

"Thank you for contacting the FamilySearch support team. Your support case XXXXX has been updated.  Thank you for getting back to us.  While we did find the ordinances reserved and shared with the temple system by a XXXXXXX, (and yes she is a real person), we also found out by going into the program as a helper to you that you show no relationship to the individuals you gave us either.  We can view your relationship when we are in as a helper.  However as a helper we never make any changes to the records, we just view them to see if we are seeing them as you see them.  Ms. XXXXX has reserved and shared with the temple system the ordinances we viewed and if you can prove your relationship to these individuals you can request that as they are shared but not printed that you be given the rights to do the work.  If they had been printed, this would not be possible.  But as we indicated we saw no relationship between you and these individuals either.  We are not sure how she was able to reserve these ordinances as if she has no relationship to these individuals either the program usually will not let her reserve them.  Perhaps she didn't realize she was related to you but is actually related to the individuals in your list.  Did you in your conversatons with her ask if she was related to the same individuals you provided to us.  We would contact her again and ask how she is related to each of them, not to you.  We do hope you can straighten this out.  But she is a real participating person in Family Tree just like you and I.   "

I don't understand this, so i am not in actuality related to my Dad's Aunt and Uncle? Even if he got a FS account he still wouldn't be able to reserve his Uncle's ordinance, whereas some none relative can. I have some relation to his relatives but she has none and she can reserve the ordinances? i don't get it

15 minutes ago, Duncan said:

This is the response I got, 

"Thank you for contacting the FamilySearch support team. Your support case XXXXX has been updated.  Thank you for getting back to us.  While we did find the ordinances reserved and shared with the temple system by a XXXXXXX, (and yes she is a real person), we also found out by going into the program as a helper to you that you show no relationship to the individuals you gave us either.  We can view your relationship when we are in as a helper.  However as a helper we never make any changes to the records, we just view them to see if we are seeing them as you see them.  Ms. XXXXX has reserved and shared with the temple system the ordinances we viewed and if you can prove your relationship to these individuals you can request that as they are shared but not printed that you be given the rights to do the work.  If they had been printed, this would not be possible.  But as we indicated we saw no relationship between you and these individuals either.  We are not sure how she was able to reserve these ordinances as if she has no relationship to these individuals either the program usually will not let her reserve them.  Perhaps she didn't realize she was related to you but is actually related to the individuals in your list.  Did you in your conversatons with her ask if she was related to the same individuals you provided to us.  We would contact her again and ask how she is related to each of them, not to you.  We do hope you can straighten this out.  But she is a real participating person in Family Tree just like you and I.   "

I don't understand this, so i am not in actuality related to my Dad's Aunt and Uncle? Even if he got a FS account he still wouldn't be able to reserve his Uncle's ordinance, whereas some none relative can. I have some relation to his relatives but she has none and she can reserve the ordinances? i don't get it

What I get from it is that the FamilySearch team is unable to determine from the information currently available at FamilySearch that you are indeed related to your Dad’s uncle. You have to be able to prove to them — through documents or whatever — your relationship to him before they can proceed to help you. You should probably respond to their email and ask them what you need to do to prove you are related to him. 

Good luck. 

16 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

What I get from it is that the FamilySearch team is unable to determine from the information currently available at FamilySearch that you are indeed related to your Dad’s uncle. You have to be able to prove to them — through documents or whatever — your relationship to him before they can proceed to help you. You should probably respond to their email and ask them what you need to do to prove you are related to him. 

Good luck. 

I sent them a screen shot of my relationship with my Dad and then his relationship with his Uncle, I don't have any pictures of this man! I'll re send it I guess