Seriously No Politics ×

Influence of the Spirit

Been noticing the influence of the Spirit lately.

There is a gentleman I'm not fond of. Annoying chap. He has just always made me angry and annoyed

I noticed recently i don't have that dislike for him anymore. I haven't actively tried to forgive him or change my opinion of him. But ive noticed that I actually care about him.

Is this strange? I find it peculiar for some reason. I didn't even realize how much I did dislike him until I no longer did. The Spirit really is amazing

Anyone else experience this?

59 minutes ago, Avatar4321 said:

Been noticing the influence of the Spirit lately.

There is a gentleman I'm not fond of. Annoying chap. He has just always made me angry and annoyed

I noticed recently i don't have that dislike for him anymore. I haven't actively tried to forgive him or change my opinion of him. But ive noticed that I actually care about him.

Is this strange? I find it peculiar for some reason. I didn't even realize how much I did dislike him until I no longer did. The Spirit really is amazing

Anyone else experience this?

Yes, Avatar... there was a time a few years ago when I had similar feelings toward a sister in my ward for various reasons I won't go into... but during the past couple of years she became widowed, and I would grit my teeth and pick her up to attend our Single Sisters family home evenings twice a month.  There were actually 3 sisters that I would drive... over time my heart began to soften toward her, and I began including her in my prayers because I could see how she was trying to be faithful and live the gospel in spite of challenging circumstances.  Over time I realized how I had changed and felt close to her in that I wanted to lessen her burdens by being kind and seeing she was able to participate in our wonderful get-togethers for FHE.  And I believe I'm being blessed as a result...

GG

On 10/25/2017 at 10:48 PM, Garden Girl said:

Yes, Avatar... there was a time a few years ago when I had similar feelings toward a sister in my ward for various reasons I won't go into... but during the past couple of years she became widowed, and I would grit my teeth and pick her up to attend our Single Sisters family home evenings twice a month.  There were actually 3 sisters that I would drive... over time my heart began to soften toward her, and I began including her in my prayers because I could see how she was trying to be faithful and live the gospel in spite of challenging circumstances.  Over time I realized how I had changed and felt close to her in that I wanted to lessen her burdens by being kind and seeing she was able to participate in our wonderful get-togethers for FHE.  And I believe I'm being blessed as a result...

GG

I just had to mention GG...that having a single sisters FHE is wonderful...where was this when I was so all alone???  Yeah...you rock..gritting teeth and everything..your good and kindness always shines through.  The spirit can move in all of us..