JLHPROF Posted October 6, 2017 Posted October 6, 2017 7 minutes ago, theplains said: From what I have read, the Lectures on Faith were classified by canon (scripture) until removed in 1921.https://dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/Dialogue_V20N03_73.pdf Why would the LDS leadership allow this deception to continue between 1835 and 1921? Thanks, Jim Yes, they were Canon. That doesn't change their source or content. And if any of the document is inspired writing it can remain in Canon. Song of Solomon is still in the Bible.
Bobbieaware Posted October 6, 2017 Posted October 6, 2017 2 minutes ago, theplains said: If you read the passage that I provided, Jesus was not ranked as a God before he reached a pinnacle of intelligence, so he was not always God. You may want to talk to your LDS friends. I provided many teachings which indicate that Heavenly Father became a god (or God) too. But it's understandable that you don't wish to worship an 'exalted man.' I don't either. As for the Godhead, there was a time in LDS history when the Holy Spirit was not a member "personage". See Lectures on Faith #5 attached. Thanks, Jim Do you believe when Jesus Christ was a helpless and utterly dependent one year-old child that he was still the eternal God?
Atheist Mormon Posted October 6, 2017 Posted October 6, 2017 4 hours ago, bluebell said: Are you talking about biblical promises? That too...But I was talking about Jesus mainly. 1
bluebell Posted October 7, 2017 Posted October 7, 2017 1 hour ago, Atheist Mormon said: That too...But I was talking about Jesus mainly. Which promises don't you believe He has kept?
Atheist Mormon Posted October 7, 2017 Posted October 7, 2017 16 minutes ago, bluebell said: Which promises don't you believe He has kept? It depends how your perspective would be, for example; would you feel blessed if you came out alive in Vegas, or a natural disaster so many people would die but you came out allright? That is kinda my story, my mother & father run away from a carnage that left dead most of their ancestors.......I know this events aren't decided by a Jesus type being, where he would pick & choose.....I don't think he kept any promises...
theplains Posted October 13, 2017 Posted October 13, 2017 On 06/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, Bobbieaware said: Do you believe when Jesus Christ was a helpless and utterly dependent one year-old child that he was still the eternal God? He was both fully God and fully man. Jim
Recommended Posts