Avatar4321 Posted September 15, 2017 Posted September 15, 2017 Does Snuffers group believe the Book of Mormon? Are they revising it with their other scripture revisions? How do Alma's revelation on Church discipline jive with their unique viewpoints of women judging men etc?
rpn Posted September 15, 2017 Posted September 15, 2017 Yes they believe in everything that JS did. (Which is why they followed closely Royal Skousen's "earliest text" I can't tell you how anything jibes with their all women approach to deciding whether men can exercise their priesthood outside of their home. Seems mostly to be a rebuttal of all men judging members in the LDS faith.
Calm Posted September 15, 2017 Posted September 15, 2017 47 minutes ago, rpn said: Yes they believe in everything that JS did. (Which is why they followed closely Royal Skousen's "earliest text" I can't tell you how anything jibes with their all women approach to deciding whether men can exercise their priesthood outside of their home. Seems mostly to be a rebuttal of all men judging members in the LDS faith. Well, they believe in everything they think JS did. They attribute polygyny to Brigham Young iirc and thus are dropping D&C 132.. I think there are some other things attributed to him by most that they have chosen to reject, but can't remember them. Hoping the 132 example is enough. I spent days reading their stuff awhile back when I found out the people we bought our house from are among the leaders.
Avatar4321 Posted September 15, 2017 Author Posted September 15, 2017 59 minutes ago, rpn said: Yes they believe in everything that JS did. (Which is why they followed closely Royal Skousen's "earliest text" I can't tell you how anything jibes with their all women approach to deciding whether men can exercise their priesthood outside of their home. Seems mostly to be a rebuttal of all men judging members in the LDS faith. and yet the Book of Mormon clearly has Alma, a man, judging Church members. curious
Avatar4321 Posted September 16, 2017 Author Posted September 16, 2017 I happened to go over to DS blog see if I could understand where this group is coming from. I read a curious entry where he quotes the following passage from D&C 1: Quote the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord neither his servants neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles shall be cut off from among the people; for they have strayed from mine ordinances and have broken mine everlasting covenant. They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness but every man walketh in his own way and after the Image of his own God whose Image is in the likeness of the world and whose substance is that of an Idolwhich waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon even Babylon the great which shall fall. Needless to say a critical line jumped out at me. The first line: Quote the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord neither his servants neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles shall be cut off from among the people; Isn't this exactly what happened when he was excommunicated? Isn't he encouraging his remnant to not listen to the prophets and apostles? Last time I checked, they don't have a prophet. They don't have apostles. The only ones called are the ones they have rejected. It's curious. 1
Recommended Posts