Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Salt Lake Tribune to be Sold to Huntsman Family


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm not sure the JOA between the News and the Trib would be posted on line anywhere or would be otherwise accessible.  I did find this interesting, though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspaper_Preservation_Act_of_1970

As a one-time and sometime journalist (though, admittedly, I cannot hold a candle to the august Mr. Lloyd ;)) I find it interesting that, while modern technology certainly has done no favors for the prospect of preserving and ensuring the continued vitality of print news, the debate over if and how that should be accomplished, at least with respect to the legislation that is the subject of the link above, well predates the advent of the modern technologies that have so complicated the picture (or at least, it predates their widespread use).

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

It's official. The deal has been signed. Paul Huntsman is the new owner of the Salt Lake Tribune.

The group "Citizens for Two Voices" has dropped its anti-trust lawsuit against the Deseret News and the prior Tribune owner Digital First Media. The U.S. Justice Department is standing down on the probe requested by the citizens group. The JOA partnership revenue split has been adjusted from 70-30 to 60-40.

Everything seems copacetic; everyone appears confident that the future of the Tribune is promising under Huntsman ownership.

I'll make a prediction here and now, though: If the Tribune fails for any reason, whatever it might be, somebody or somebodies will blame it on the Deseret News and the Church of Jesus Christ.

Edited by Scott Lloyd
Posted
3 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

... I'll make a prediction here and now, though: If the Tribune fails for any reason, whatever it might be, somebody or somebodies will blame it on the Deseret News and the Church of Jesus Christ.

The sun rises and sets, taxes come due, corn grows as high as a scarecrow's eye ... and certain implacable souls lay the blame for all of the universe's ills at the feet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Go figure. :huh: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...