Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Asking Hard Questions At Church


Recommended Posts

Posted

Can I say something a little OT?

 

I observed something in my sacrament meeting last Sunday that really touched me. I even got misty.

 

We had a speaker from our Stake council speak. And low and behold, he spoke about the Priesthood!  As he was speaking, I looked down for a moment as I was listening.....when I looked up again, I noticed...as if almost in unison.....all the couples sitting around me...were all cuddling, or had their arms around each other, or held hands, while looking intently at the speaker. While I swear, a few moments before, they weren't touching each other. The speaker was extolling the beauty of the Priesthood as it is shared between husband and wife , and how they are equal partners, etc.  I glanced at each couple , seeing the expression on their faces of love and tenderness. As if to say, yes we understand what the Priesthood is really about despite what's been going on in the world. Sort of looked like an unconscious solidarity of what was being said. And I'm sure those couples didn't even realize it!  ...or if anyone else noticed it but me.......but  I felt the spirit and it thought...wow....this is cool!

 

Okay so maybe I was reading into it all and that's not what it meant and it was just a coincidence.  But it sure seemed that way to me. And I'm not saying the couples in my ward don't regularly show affection like that anyway.  There was just...something about it that seemed different..even if just for those few minutes.

 

Anyway....in my ward I don't know of anyone who has asked hard questions and what were the results of it. I have rather a mixed ward of lots of different people....different races, several wheelchair and handicapped, both mentally and physically challenged, guys with tattoos, girls who have been imprisoned and wore their ankle monitors to church, one gal regularly wears nice pants to Sacrament....and guess what? No one cares. All are welcome and embraced.  I have more friends who are not LDS, than LDS. My own roommate in not a member.  I do hope I don't get asked too hard of a question myself! LOL I hope I am ready to answer or know of someone who can.

 

 

REd

Posted

Sometimes there aren't answers, therefore I see those classes failing. It's a no win situation. I've been waiting for the answers, or the church essay of JS's polyandry/polygamy. I don't think the church has an answer for that one. And it's fallout might prove too much.

 

1 Cor. 13:12

 

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Posted

Can I say something a little OT?

 

I observed something in my sacrament meeting last Sunday that really touched me. I even got misty.

 

We had a speaker from our Stake council speak. And low and behold, he spoke about the Priesthood!  As he was speaking, I looked down for a moment as I was listening.....when I looked up again, I noticed...as if almost in unison.....all the couples sitting around me...were all cuddling, or had their arms around each other, or held hands, while looking intently at the speaker. While I swear, a few moments before, they weren't touching each other. The speaker was extolling the beauty of the Priesthood as it is shared between husband and wife , and how they are equal partners, etc.  I glanced at each couple , seeing the expression on their faces of love and tenderness. As if to say, yes we understand what the Priesthood is really about despite what's been going on in the world. Sort of looked like an unconscious solidarity of what was being said. And I'm sure those couples didn't even realize it!  ...or if anyone else noticed it but me.......but  I felt the spirit and it thought...wow....this is cool!

 

Okay so maybe I was reading into it all and that's not what it meant and it was just a coincidence.  But it sure seemed that way to me. And I'm not saying the couples in my ward don't regularly show affection like that anyway.  There was just...something about it that seemed different..even if just for those few minutes.

 

Anyway....in my ward I don't know of anyone who has asked hard questions and what were the results of it. I have rather a mixed ward of lots of different people....different races, several wheelchair and handicapped, both mentally and physically challenged, guys with tattoos, girls who have been imprisoned and wore their ankle monitors to church, one gal regularly wears nice pants to Sacrament....and guess what? No one cares. All are welcome and embraced.  I have more friends who are not LDS, than LDS. My own roommate in not a member.  I do hope I don't get asked too hard of a question myself! LOL I hope I am ready to answer or know of someone who can.

 

 

REd

Scenes like that keep me going in the church.  Two Sunday's ago (I sit in the overflow or cultural hall, so I tend to see a lot of what goes on).  What was super cute was that the two rows in front of me had two dads sitting in the middle of two of their children with both their arms outstretched tickling and scratching their kids backs.  They were doing the exact thing, words don't do it justice, wish I could show a picture of it.  Anyway, I just loved it.   

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...