Zakuska Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 (edited) Mods Im not questioning your motives nor am I challenging your authority this is your playground after all. However. The reason you gave for closing my thread leaves me scratching my head. (http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/63666-starchild-dna-shows-human-alien-hybrid/?p=1209389481) You asked me to "stick to religion" yet you allow such threads as this. http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/63615-evolution-is-alive-and-well-in-hawaii/http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/63625-list-of-mormon-biologists-that-believe-in-evolution-from-mormonscholarstestify/http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/63646-list-of-prophetic-statements-against-evolution-from-josephsmithforumorg/page-5 What hath "evolution" to do with Religion? We cannot discuss "science" issues and how they relate to religion anymore here? With all the emphesis being put on DNA as pertaining to the BOM. I thought it might be intresing to discuss new DNA finds and their implications. But I guess not. Enough said. Edited June 13, 2014 by Zakuska 1
thesometimesaint Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 I don't know either so I can't tell you. I seldom start topics. So can't close the ones I don't start either. 1
Zakuska Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 (edited) How does this relate to religion? http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/62888-women-buys-all-the-indecent-t-shirts-in-orem-store-mall/ Other than the fact that it was a woman with high moral standards who did it? Edited June 13, 2014 by Zakuska
thesometimesaint Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 (edited) How does this relate to religion? http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/62888-women-buys-all-the-indecent-t-shirts-in-orem-store-mall/ Other than the fact that it was a woman with high moral standards who did it? From what I know of the discussion. Its been a while since I looked at it. It was that woman's morals about a piece of cloth to stop others from having different idea's about what the morality of a piece of cloth is.But I could be wrong. PS; The list is endless as to how threads morph along different avenues. Edited June 13, 2014 by thesometimesaint
Calm Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 (edited) My understanding is where one's religious faith informs one's actions (which it often does for morality choices) it is an acceptable subject. Talking about alien hybrids is about the same as talking about car or plant hybrids imo. Unless they are related to something in scripture or doctrine, it is not a religious topic. Edited June 13, 2014 by calmoriah
Zakuska Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 (edited) My understanding is where one's religious faith informs one's actions (which it often does for morality choices) it is an acceptable subject. Talking about alien hybrids is about the same as talking about car or plant hybrids imo. Unless they are related to something in scripture or doctrine, it is not a religious topic.Well CAL... we do know about early Mormon ideas that Adam and Eve came from out there. IMPO thats about as religiously centered as you can get. And that still doesnt explain why all the threads on Evolution with pictures of fossilized Ape skulls arent closed. None of that is in scripture or doctrine. Edited June 13, 2014 by Zakuska 1
thesometimesaint Posted June 13, 2014 Posted June 13, 2014 Well CAL... we do know about early Mormon ideas that Adam and Eve came from out there. IMPO thats about as religiously centered as you can get. And that still doesnt explain why all the threads on Evolution with pictures fossilized of Ape skulls arent closed. None of that is in scripture or doctrine. Probably because the intersection of faith and science is as old as science itself.
Zakuska Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 This thread wouldn't be considered a religious topic either and thus Inapproriate for MDDB. http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/63656-ancient-hilted-sword-made-of-iron-lined-with-steel-found-in-oman/ Other than the fact of the possible linkage to the Sword of Laban.
Zakuska Posted June 13, 2014 Author Posted June 13, 2014 Probably because the intersection of faith and science is as old as science itself.So then how is talking about recently found non-human Dna and it's implications to what we believe not about the itersection of science and religion. Ill admit that the title could have been better. I guess it was too conspirtorially Alien to the mods.
mfbukowski Posted June 14, 2014 Posted June 14, 2014 I am so glad you started a thread that has nothing to do with religion, so that it can be closed early. We need more of those.
MormonFreeThinker Posted June 14, 2014 Posted June 14, 2014 (edited) You asked me to "stick to religion" yet you allow such threads as this. The reason why he said to just "stick to religion" is because the star child DNA video is a joke. Evolution vs Creationism is a religious topic, and Evolution is a science fact. I am not sure why you brought this up, is it because you don't want us to prove Evolution? Edited June 14, 2014 by MormonFreeThinker
thesometimesaint Posted June 14, 2014 Posted June 14, 2014 So then how is talking about recently found non-human Dna and it's implications to what we believe not about the itersection of science and religion. Ill admit that the title could have been better. I guess it was too conspirtorially Alien to the mods. Depending on how we define being human the Neanderthals were not human. But their DNA is in our blood.
mfbukowski Posted June 14, 2014 Posted June 14, 2014 The reason why he said to just "stick to religion" is because the star child DNA video is a joke. Evolution vs Creationism is a religious topic, and Evolution is a science fact. I am not sure why you brought this up, is it because you don't want us to prove Evolution?There are no scientific "facts", just interpretations of data waiting to be adjusted. 2
Zakuska Posted June 14, 2014 Author Posted June 14, 2014 (edited) Depending on how we define being human the Neanderthals were not human. But their DNA is in our blood.I'm glad you brought up neadertals. Because this skull differs in dna from any known species on earth even neanderthals. I watched a video that lists at least 15 Drs. Professionals in their fields who have examined the skull and have certified it. I looked a few up and they aren't a bunch of quacks. They are as pretty mainstream as you can get. At a minimum we would have to consider this a new species or side branch on the evelutionary tree.Another thing that peaked my intrest in this skull was, that it and the undoubtedly human skull found next to it both carbon date to 900 years ago. They arnt genetically related. the human skull comes from haplogroup A which matches what you find in the region and the misshappen skull best matches Dna of haplogroup g (which ever one is from south africa) so then that raises a question on how a south african child with genetic defects died 900 years ago holding the hand of woman from central mexico 400+ years prior to Columbus? I can see 2 places this ties in with the Bom and lds religion. 1) pre columbian new world old world contact. 2) a dead branch on the evolutionary tree.But I was never given the chance to make that point. Others feel this has nothing to do with religion so I can't talk about it here. Edited June 14, 2014 by Zakuska
thesometimesaint Posted June 15, 2014 Posted June 15, 2014 I don't remember much time being spent on the Neanderthals here at the MDB. Other than it is an interesting side discussion. But the Mods giveth, and the Mods taketh away, blessed be the Mods.
Recommended Posts