Byu Football Players And The Nfl

I'm proud of BYU Cougar football players... members of the 2013 team have been drafted into the NFL:

Kyle Van Noy -- Cleveland Browns   Detroit Lions

Spenser Hadley -- New Orleans Saints

Cody Hoffman -- Washington Redskins

Daniel Sorensen -- Kansas City Chiefs

Eathyn Manumaleuna -- New York Giants

It will be fun to watch for them...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

I agree, but one little nit to pick. Brother Van Noy was drafted by the Detroit Lions, where he joins his former BYU roomie Brother Ezekiel Ansah.

You're right!! I'm sorry... don't know why I typed Cleveland... Van Noy was drafted in the 2nd round to Detroit...  Thanks!

GG

I'm proud of BYU Cougar football players... members of the 2013 team have been drafted into the NFL:

GG

Not any teams that I watch unless they are playing my favorites.

Not any teams that I watch unless they are playing my favorites.

Really?  Well, of course, I'm a die-hard 49er faithful... With Montana, it was the glory days of Montana/Rice/Clark... particularly the  year of "The Catch" by Montana to Clark... During those years Steve Young was sitting on the bench, but once he took over after Montana was gone, he came into his own including a couple of Super Bowls.  Who are your favorites? 

I guess technically only Van Noy was part of the formal "draft" while the other four were actually free agents, but do have contracts with each of the teams.... I'm not sure just how that works.

GG

Really?  Well, of course, I'm a die-hard 49er faithful... With Montana, it was the glory days of Montana/Rice/Clark... particularly the  year of "The Catch" by Montana to Clark... During those years Steve Young was sitting on the bench, but once he took over after Montana was gone, he came into his own including a couple of Super Bowls.  Who are your favorites? 

I guess technically only Van Noy was part of the formal "draft" while the other four were actually free agents, but do have contracts with each of the teams.... I'm not sure just how that works.

GG

49 ers and Broncos.  I was hoping to see a 49ers/Broncos super bowl this last year.  I was impressed with Montana from the firs.  He was exciting to watch.  It is too bad he didn't retire a couple of years earlier.  I lived in Denver and was personally acquainted with Rulon Jones through church.  If you have lived in Denver and not been a Broncos fan you risk being an outcast.

49 ers and Broncos.  I was hoping to see a 49ers/Broncos super bowl this last year.  I was impressed with Montana from the firs.  He was exciting to watch.  It is too bad he didn't retire a couple of years earlier.  I lived in Denver and was personally acquainted with Rulon Jones through church.  If you have lived in Denver and not been a Broncos fan you risk being an outcast.

Remember how many times the game would be winding down and the 49ers would be behind by a touchdown or field goal, and Montana would go into his "two minute mode" and march the team down the field and throw for the winning touchdown... that's what happened when Dwight Clark made "the Catch" to win either the championship or a Super Bowl in the last minus two minutes (It's been so many years I can't remember which)... all I remember is how Clark made a fantastic catch for the win.  It was incredible and forever became simply referred to as the "catch."

GG  

Remember how many times the game would be winding down and the 49ers would be behind by a touchdown or field goal, and Montana would go into his "two minute mode" and march the team down the field and throw for the winning touchdown... that's what happened when Dwight Clark made "the Catch" to win either the championship or a Super Bowl in the last minus two minutes (It's been so many years I can't remember which)... all I remember is how Clark made a fantastic catch for the win.  It was incredible and forever became simply referred to as the "catch."

GG  

Elway had that talent too.  Makes for some good games.  However I think that neither one could have done it with out an extremely good team around them.

GG

Woot woot! Extra incentive to watch 2 of my favourite teams: Giants and Chiefs.

Woot woot! Extra incentive to watch 2 of my favourite teams: Giants and Chiefs.

Hello V.... !!  I thought you were going to razz me about BYU... ha!  It is pretty incredible that five fellows actually made the NFL... I hope each will do well.

and I hope you're doing well...

from the beach on a sunny, warm day... GG

• 2 weeks later...

GG

Of course the Aggies had 2 drafted and 9 sign free agent contracts . . . more than Utah and a lot more than yBu, but there you go