A Joke I Might Remember (On Myself)

3DOP

This thread is an excuse to tell one joke from the worst joke teller in the world. (I can't remember them after I hear them.) I remember exactly one joke beyond those few that EVERYBODY knows like chickens going across the highway. Alas, I don't take after Grandpa who seemed  to have an endless supply of clever, clean kneeslappers. I never appreciated you like I should have, Grandpa. God bless you. So I lament my inability to remember or even better, to invent jokes. Somebody makes up jokes right? I mean, I could almost get spooky about it (that joke makers are only a degree below the prophets in inspirational supply). Why can we never trace a joke to the source? So this thread is to philosophize about jokes and also to tell jokes on yourself...or let the thread take its course.

I heard this one today. I think its pretty good.

Q: How many traditionalists does it to take a change a light bulb?

A: Change? We will never change!

The internet and email are an endless source for jokes good or bad. I get some good ones from a dear friend who has a million email pals. My father always had a joke or story to tell and people loved to hear them. They were clean and short. I have inherited about 10% of his ability. My philosophy is ' clean mind, clean body, take your pick ' . Telling a joke can be a good icebreaker but it can be obnoxious if that is all one has in one's conversational manual. It is a couple of steps above chatting about the weather.

By the way, here is an alternate to the Why did the chicken cross the road joke.  .... to watch a man lay bricks.

Edited by strappinglad

By the way, here is an alternate to the Why did the chicken cross the road joke.  .... to watch a man lay bricks.

Oooohhh... chickens lay eggs... the man was laying bricks.... Ha!!

GG