Forbidden Cd

Jazzdreamer

I don't know if it's "mission-approved" or not.  As others have said, it depends on the mission president.  (And I, myself, have said that, individual variations between their edicts notwithstanding, what mission presidents say, goes.)  That having been said, I loved it!  I'm a big fan of Brother-Elder "Archie!" :D  Missionary life is a whole different deal (and with good reason), but I think that, as a Church, we're evolving away from the idea that God Himself surely would not approve of anything not within the four corners of the Hymnbook (and/or any non-traditional arrangement thereof).  Thank God for the Alex Boyés, Gladys Knights, and David Archuletas of the world who help us expand our musical horizons as people of faith ...  (And of course, it means we'll have some totally-kickin', totally-rockin' choirs, not only in the hereafter, but also in the "here," as well! :DB:))

And if it's not "Mission-approved" in the particular mission involved in the question, I guess its intended recipient has two choices: (1) it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission ;); or (2) whatever sacrifice is entailed in those two years of service to the Lord will be worth it, and he has the rest of his life to listen to "quasi-Celestial" music once he gets home! :D

Edited by Kenngo1969

I don't know if it's "mission-approved" or not. As others have said, it depends on the mission president. (And I, myself, have said that, individual variations between their edicts notwithstanding, what mission presidents say, goes.) That having been said, I loved it! I'm a big fan of Brother-Elder "Archie!" :D Missionary life is a whole different deal (and with good reason), but I think that, as a Church, we're evolving away from the idea that God Himself surely would not approve of anything not within the four corners of the Hymnbook (and/or any non-traditional arrangement thereof). Thank God for the Alex Boyés, Gladys Knights, and David Archuletas of the world who help us expand our musical horizons as people of faith ... (And of course, it means we'll have some totally-kickin', totally-rockin' choirs, not only in the hereafter, but also in the "here," as well! :DB:))

And if it's not "Mission-approved" in the particular mission involved in the question, I guess its intended recipient has two choices: (1) it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission ;); or (2) whatever sacrifice is entailed in those two years of service to the Lord will be worth it, and he has the rest of his life to listen to "quasi-Celestial" music once he gets home! :D

Lol the mission president is nice. But he did say he would break any cd he found that had those songs lol