Stargazer Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 What does "CFR" stand for?In Leviticus 18:22 a man is addressed saying, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." I don't believe something is true just because it is asserted in a book, however I'm doubtful that acceptance of ideal gay relationships is Biblical.We should accept monogamous gay relationships, even though the Bible tells us not to in my opinion.What do you mean about Jonathan and David? CFR stands for "Call for References". It is a challenge issued to a poster to another poster, demanding that he or she prove his or her claims. The rules of this forum require that if a poster refuses to answer a CFR that he or she withdraw the claim that spurred the CFR. Like if I were to say that "90% of all statistics are made up on the spot", and you said "CFR", I would have to back up my claim with a valid reference.
EllenMaksoud Posted October 8, 2013 Author Posted October 8, 2013 Well, my advice is to embrace the craziness. All of us are insane to one degree or another (at least that is the impression you'd get if you read through the DSM). Here's the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mental_disorders_as_defined_by_the_DSM_and_ICD Here's my little difficulty. I should be going to bed right now, but here I am posting like there's no tomorrow. My wife is getting very annoyed with me. But joking aside, don't be discouraged by your son's attitude. I don't see how he could take your rights unless you give him that ability. I don't think your son can find anything in the DSM that could get you committed, anyway.You should go to bed.
Stargazer Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 You should go to bed. Yes, I should. And I am. Good night, Khadija! Sleep well.
danieldemol Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 CFR stands for "Call for References". It is a challenge issued to a poster to another poster, demanding that he or she prove his or her claims. The rules of this forum require that if a poster refuses to answer a CFR that he or she withdraw the claim that spurred the CFR.Like if I were to say that "90% of all statistics are made up on the spot", and you said "CFR", I would have to back up my claim with a valid reference.Thanks for explaining
rockpond Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 What does "CFR" stand for? In Leviticus 18:22 a man is addressed saying, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." I don't believe something is true just because it is asserted in a book, however I'm doubtful that acceptance of ideal gay relationships is Biblical. We should accept monogamous gay relationships, even though the Bible tells us not to in my opinion. What do you mean about Jonathan and David? Here's a summary of Jonathan and David: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Jonathan
danieldemol Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 I'm doubtful that we can say with any certainty that Jonathan and David had a relationship that was either romantic or sexual in nature.
Glenn101 Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 I'm doubtful that we can say with any certainty that Jonathan and David had a relationship that was either romantic or sexual in nature. I agree with that. But a lot has been made of a remark by David mourning for Jonathan after his death in 2 Samuel, Chapter 1:" 26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women." I persoanlly do not take that as indicating a homosexual relationship. During my lifetime I have seen many male to male relationships that were bonded tighter than their marriage relationships. This has often happened during war time. I would expect that the same type of ultra strong bonds happen among women also. Glenn
Stargazer Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 I agree with that. But a lot has been made of a remark by David mourning for Jonathan after his death in 2 Samuel, Chapter 1:" 26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women." I persoanlly do not take that as indicating a homosexual relationship. During my lifetime I have seen many male to male relationships that were bonded tighter than their marriage relationships. This has often happened during war time. I would expect that the same type of ultra strong bonds happen among women also. Glenn Given the trouble David had with relationships with women over his life, the sentiment that Jonathan's love was passing the love of women might seem entirely understandable. Possibly David's women problems were largely his own fault, however.
Recommended Posts