Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Bushman, Givens, & Muhlstein - What Would Ask Them


Recommended Posts

Posted

So be patient and wait a month and pay nothing....

If not enough people think it is worth donating money to support Bill's work or it is wrong to do so, then the natural conclusion will be that Bill will stop asking for it...since as I understand it, he will be unable to continue the work if he has to continue to pay for it out of his own pocket.

If enough people are comfortable enough to donate, then he will continue.

I'm going to as soon as I get my computer up and running, don't buy Dell, terrible customer service, they sent the wrong part then when it didn't work after the tech put it in anyway they tried telling me it wasn't under warranty which it was! I've gone several weeks without it. DB, as soon as it is fixed I'm subscribing, but do remember trying before and something wasn't working. Or I just didn't understand how.
Posted

Bro. muhlestein by the way has postponed the interview.  He did so some weeks back and said when his schedule lightens he would revisit doing this.

Posted (edited)

Also I have just finished interviewing Seth Payne, Valerie Hudson, Susan Swann, and Blair Hodges.  3 of the 4 interviews are on the website.

Edited by DBMormon
Posted

I realize this looks like my private hobby horse, but I question the motivations of trinket salesmen at Lourdes.  

 

Bob, you've made whatever point you have to make.  It is a hobby horse now.  If you knew Bill, as I do, you would likely be embarrased by this badgering. 

 

Bill - is there anyway I can buy a subscription for Bob for x-mas?  It's cheeper than a kite. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks All.  I enjoy doing it but as you can imagine it takes a lot of time.  on a slow week about 2 hours but the past two weeks I did two interviews each and they take longer.  1 hour to record (or more at time) 1-3 hours to edit and 1 hour to upload and publicize to various forums.

 

I do it on Tuesdays (my day off.)  Wife at work and kids at school.

Edited by DBMormon
Posted

I question a critic who only surfaces when he has something to say and never when he asked to respond to his behavior?

 

HEY BOB - Have you seen my podcast work on Fair's site as well?  FairBlog.Org  -  your hilarious.  Everybody watches you come out of the woodwork everytime I post.  Everybody here sees right through this behavior.  Is it jealousy, bitterness, cmon let us in on what really bothers you.   Otherwise.... move on.  You have only stated a dozen times that you are perturbed by me and anything I touch.

Nothing personal, really.  I've stated my views.  Best wishes then with your upcoming interviews.  

Posted

Nothing personal, really.  I've stated my views.  Best wishes then with your upcoming interviews.  

Thank You

Posted

Bro. muhlestein by the way has postponed the interview. He did so some weeks back and said when his schedule lightens he would revisit doing this.

That's sad. That was the one I looked forward to the most. Hopefully he'll do it sooner rather than later.

Posted (edited)

DB, how do you decide which are Premium Members podcasts and which are not? Or is that none of my business? I'm just about to listen to one that is not, but to me they are all pretty great, no one more important than the other, but grateful for your time and money sacrificed to offer them, Bob will have to admit, some of your guests are pretty distinguished, that are even members in good standing!! EDITED: Nevermind, one of your intros expains rather nicely. BTW, the way they are now displayed helps a ton, where before you didn't quite get which ones were what and now you do.

Edited by Tacenda
Posted

DB, how do you decide which are Premium Members podcasts and which are not? Or is that none of my business? I'm just about to listen to one that is not, but to me they are all pretty great, no one more important than the other, but grateful for your time and money sacrificed to offer them, Bob will have to admit, some of your guests are pretty distinguished, that are even members in good standing!! EDITED: Nevermind, one of your intros expains rather nicely. BTW, the way they are now displayed helps a ton, where before you didn't quite get which ones were what and now you do.

 

Most of the episodes will release early as premium episodes and then 3-8 weeks later they will release publicly. For example the Seth Payne Interview became a premium episode two days ago and won't release publicly till Dec 2nd

Posted (edited)

And of course in order for this podbean and many out there to work, the money is needed. And yours has a perk, that if one wants to listen sooner they become a Premium Member. Kind of getting something back for contributing vs. other types of places like Mormonstories & Fairmormon for example, that are just getting donations without the perk of seeing/reading before everyone else, that's ingenious DB!

Edited by Tacenda
Posted

And of course in order for this podbean to work the money is needed, so if one wants to listen sooner than therefore, the perk. Kind of getting something back for contributing vs. other types of places like Mormonstories & Fairmormon for example, that are just getting donations without the perk of seeing/reading before everyone else, that's ingenious DB!

 

I thought so too.  Plus My podcast is there to build faith and so I don't want someone missing out simply because they don't have money.  So while supporters get something extra, those who don't support the program still get everything except they have to wait a few extra weeks.

Posted

And anyone who worries about Bill making his fortune with Mormon Faith Crisis podcasts should really speak to most of the LDS authors and media producers. There are very, very few who make much more than pocket money from their Mormon bubble publishing. Having followed your podcasts from early on, it's always been clear to me that the donations are solely requested for furthering the reach and frequency of your message.

Posted

And anyone who worries about Bill making his fortune with Mormon Faith Crisis podcasts should really speak to most of the LDS authors and media producers. There are very, very few who make much more than pocket money from their Mormon bubble publishing. Having followed your podcasts from early on, it's always been clear to me that the donations are solely requested for furthering the reach and frequency of your message.

 

Thanks.... 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...