Seriously No Politics ×

Feel Of The Board And Members

salvar774

Hello everyone . I am new to this board and want to introduce myself . Salvar774 is a screen name I have used for many years . My name is Simon . I got salvar774 from AOL in 1995 . It was generated by AOL when I tried my name 3 differant ways and I decided it was good .So here I am

.I have been a member of the LDS church since 1984. I am 57 years old . I have served in many callings both stake level and local. I have a firm testimony of the restoration of the true gospel of Jesus Christ via Joseph Smith and the LDS church . I will be asking some getting to know you question to get a feel of this board and it's members . If that is ok ?

Simon

Certainly, but if you are unsure about what is and isn't appropriate, read the board guidelines, they cover most things. The biggest no no besides common sense etiquette is to question others' faithfulness or spiritual standing.

Edited by calmoriah

Hello Simon...

Why don't you "lurk" a while like some of the other new posters do, read some of the threads, and you will soon see who is who and get a feel for things. You will also see that we, here, have a somewhat more congenial and respectful attitude toward others than are exhibited on some of the other (anti) websites about the Church (at least so I'm told because I don't venture into them).

I'm glad you found this Board, and since you are active LDS am sure you will enjoy it.

Me... screen name Garden Girl, TBM, widowed, alone, live with a pushy cat named Bob, in a cottage 1/2 block to the beach, on the beautiful central Oregon coast. I always kid that I'm old as Methuselah. Welcome...

GG

Certainly, but if you are unsure about what is and isn't appropriate, read the board guidelines, they cover most things. The biggest no no besides common sense etiquette is to question others' faithfulness or spiritual standing.

I read the guidelines before I posted any thing . Asking people about faithfulness or spiritual standing is not my intention , that would be a self righteous, self serving type of questions . I know we are all at differant levels of understanding and I would like to get to know people on this board . I believe the social hall serves that purpose . Am I wrong ?

Simon

Hello Simon...

Why don't you "lurk" a while like some of the other new posters do, read some of the threads, and you will soon see who is who and get a feel for things. You will also see that we, here, have a somewhat more congenial and respectful attitude toward others than are exhibited on some of the other (anti) websites about the Church (at least so I'm told because I don't venture into them).

I'm glad you found this Board, and since you are active LDS am sure you will enjoy it.

Me... screen name Garden Girl, TBM, widowed, alone, live with a pushy cat named Bob, in a cottage 1/2 block to the beach, on the beautiful central Oregon coast. I always kid that I'm old as Methuselah. Welcome...

GG

Ok I think you are right . I should lurk . I just need to work on my patience and take the time to read .

I would like to get to know people on this board . I believe the social hall serves that purpose . Am I wrong ?

Simon

It does indeed. There are quite a few older threads about different things about posters you can look at to get to know people, including the currently active movie thread.

Hello everyone . I am new to this board and want to introduce myself . Salvar774 is a screen name I have used for many years . My name is Simon . I got salvar774 from AOL in 1995 . It was generated by AOL when I tried my name 3 differant ways and I decided it was good .So here I am

.I have been a member of the LDS church since 1984. I am 57 years old . I have served in many callings both stake level and local. I have a firm testimony of the restoration of the true gospel of Jesus Christ via Joseph Smith and the LDS church . I will be asking some getting to know you question to get a feel of this board and it's members . If that is ok ?

Simon

Hi...we are of like age, I have been member since 1879...Church was very small in Germany so I had many callings beyond my age and experience. When I came home to Georgia much the same...I became a HPGL at 32 (never felt so out of place) thine into the Bishopric for years, then teaching since. I have been a member of this board for 7 years. Welcome.

Hi...we are of like age, I have been member since 1879...Church was very small in Germany so I had many callings beyond my age and experience. When I came home to Georgia much the same...I became a HPGL at 32 (never felt so out of place) thine into the Bishopric for years, then teaching since. I have been a member of this board for 7 years. Welcome.

I'm sure you meant 1979 . thank you for the welcome

It's a pretty cool place even for some of us non-members (I guess I am more "dialogue" than "discussion" on these boards. LOL!).

But if the topics do not turn on finer points of theology, I have been able to participate. It is interesting as to how some of the issues raised here are common to many faiths and not just LDS.

Welcome!

Simon

I was mistaken I am not new to the board . I did not know that this was a continuation of the fair board . In that board I was Alvarado . The admin. has since merged both user names and I am now salvar774 and alvarado is deleted