DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) Yet even in this post you still insist that the church should be excoriated for their handling of the incident which bolsters my first thought that it was a way to cast doubt and dirt on the church. My beef was never with the church (in this thread) - CFR - Please show where my conclusion was the Church handled this poorly?Elder Dunn is no more the church then you or me Edited August 18, 2012 by DBMormon
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) SORRY CALMORIAH.... Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in !!! - Michael Corleone Edited August 18, 2012 by DBMormon
ERayR Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 CALMORIAH - Thank you - your a peace maker. I heard both your sticking up for me as well as your asking me to take the higher road as well.I meant no direspect to the church in the least just hoping to have a discussion on how we are not to look upon sin with the least degree of allowance and that while we should forgive sinners we should not excuse Sin, It was derailed by me and others and for that I am sorryI do not think dragging up something over twenty years old and fourteen years after ones death and continuing with public condemnation looks much like forgiveness. It looks more like scoring cheap shots on someone who no longer has the ability to mount a defense. 1
selek1 Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) I do not think dragging up something over twenty years old and fourteen years after ones death and continuing with public condemnation looks much like forgiveness. It looks more like scoring cheap shots on someone who no longer has the ability to mount a defense.Indeed- the mea culpa would be more convincing if he weren't still trying to misrepresent the arguments made in defense of Dunn's memory as somehow attempting to justify Dunn's sins.It wasn't enough that DBReel ignored points that undermined his claims- he restorted to wholesale misrepresentation of those points in order to craft a facade of victimhood. (Post #291 is an excellent example of this).DBReel can posture and pose as a peacemaker all he likes- but as long as he's still throwing punches, no one is going to buy it.One can also preen and prattle from the rampeumpton about how sin should not be tolerated in the Nth degree- but when one is committing the self same sin (in this case, misrepresenting the truth for personal and rhetorical advantage), such claims are mere hubris and hypocrisy. Edited August 18, 2012 by selek1 1
Damien the Leper Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 I am not a frequent poster or lurker here. I don't get your cleverness in Writing BYU as "yBu." Do you mind explaining for the thick and unenlightened?Thanks!Translation: "Why Be You?" or yBu
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 ERAYR - CFR or we are done for your comment. This conversation has ended until you can do soYet even in this post you still insist that the church should be excoriated for their handling of the incident which bolsters my first thought that it was a way to cast doubt and dirt on the church.
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 SELEK - VALENTIUS is still waiting for his CFR in the other thread. let me know when you oblige himhttp://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/58642-could-we-discuss-the-podcast-in-my-post-after-listening-with-open-minds/page__st__380#entry1209162956 #385
selek1 Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) SELEK - VALENTIUS is still waiting for his CFR in the other thread. let me know when you oblige himhttp://www.mormondia...entry1209162956 #385Valentinus has had his answer- he just doesn't like it.Moreover, it is bad form to demand that I answer a CFR I cannot see- since the tender hearts and facile minds felt the need to bleat to the moderators for protection from the perils of contrary thought!Finally, your post is a petty and inane attempt to distract from your own bad behavior- including the Godwin's Law violation in Post #228.You wax hot and pious about defaming Elder Dunn for sins and evils of which he has long since repented- but grow indignant and desperate when we point out that you are committing exactly the same sins. Edited August 18, 2012 by selek1 1
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 I am guessing right now you have searched through my comments multiple times looking for one that if seen in just the right angle can appear to say what you quoted me as doing. But let me guess, you not sure if others will buy it because it isn't very convincing.
Damien the Leper Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 Elder Dunn lied and there is no excusing or rationalizing it. Have the lies he told hurt some? Possibly. He is responsible and will be held accountable for it. What he did was wrong...we get that.Is he actually relevant at all? Not really. Beyond this discussion I doubt I will ever frequently talk about or mention him. He is a non-issue unworthy of citation or speculation.Let's not give someone such as Dunn any further unnecessary airplay. 1
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) Moreover, it is bad form to demand that I answer a CFR I cannot see- since the tender hearts and facile minds felt the need to plead to the moderators for protection from the perils of contrary thought!In other words you broke rules once again and got yourself thrown out?Do you see a pattern? Edited August 18, 2012 by DBMormon
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 hmmm..dmmm. dmmdidm hmmmm... doody doo... hmm
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 when you twidle your thumbs, do you do it with right thumb over left or left over right?
Damien the Leper Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 Valentinus has had his answer- he just doesn't like it.Moreover, it is bad form to demand that I answer a CFR I cannot see- since the tender hearts and facile minds felt the need to plead to the moderators for protection from the perils of contrary thought!You accused me of judging or addressing judgements made. I request a CFR. You have NOT answered it...neither directly or indirectly.You fail again. But you have succeeded in one thing Selek. You have shown that you aren't worth taking seriously.But I'm sure you'll have a wonderfully condescending response to this further demonstrating your failure.
ERayR Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 I am guessing right now you have searched through my comments multiple times looking for one that if seen in just the right angle can appear to say what you quoted me as doing. But let me guess, you not sure if others will buy it because it isn't very convincing.No as a matter of fact I have had enough of you claims of victim hood and being misunderstood. If you had really been misunderstood you would have changed the tack of your approach. So unless something else you might post peeks my interest or that I find egregious I think I will ignore you for a while.
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 Bear walks into a bar and says I'll have a Bud.............. Weiser Bartender says "what's with the Pause"? Bear shakes his hands and says I've had em all my life!!!!
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) No as a matter of fact I have had enough of you claims of victim hood and being misunderstood. If you had really been misunderstood you would have changed the tack of your approach. So unless something else you might post peeks my interest or that I find egregious I think I will ignore you for a while. hold on let's translate.... beep beep beeeeeep beep beep beep... = I couldn't validate my comment about you, I am Sorry Edited August 18, 2012 by DBMormon
ERayR Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 hold on let's translate.... beep beep beeeeeep beep beep beep... = I couldn't validate my comment about you, I am SorryNope just not interested in continuing communication with someone with an overrated sense of self importance.From post 276 I have to allow them the freedom to see the world the way they do. I don't think they know they are wrong... you and I will just have to strike it up to there still being in stage three faith.... be patient... they will get there! lol
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) Nope just not interested in continuing communication with someone with an overrated sense of self importance.From post 276 I have to allow them the freedom to see the world the way they do. I don't think they know they are wrong... you and I will just have to strike it up to there still being in stage three faith.... be patient... they will get there! lolAnd how does this apply? the they here = you and other amateur apoligetic posters on this site and that is transparent from CWALD's point and my reply.... still waiting.. nice try though but remember you are not the church... Edited August 18, 2012 by DBMormon
DBMormon Posted August 18, 2012 Author Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) your funny... I am just a carpet salesman by the way... least important person in the world. Not even that great at it Edited August 18, 2012 by DBMormon
selek1 Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) Elder Dunn lied and there is no excusing or rationalizing it. Have the lies he told hurt some? Possibly. He is responsible and will be held accountable for it. What he did was wrong...we get that.Is he actually relevant at all? Not really. Beyond this discussion I doubt I will ever frequently talk about or mention him. He is a non-issue unworthy of citation or speculation.Let's not give someone such as Dunn any further unnecessary airplay. While I find the blanket dismissal of the man's entire life and service to his God, the Church, and his fellow man to be a bit on the callous side, I find myself in agreement with you.Elder Dunn was called on the carpet for his misdeeds, publically apologized, and repented of them longer ago than many of our children have been alive.Let it go....Do you see a pattern? Yes- this is at least the fifth post in which you are trying to deflect attention away from your own misdeeds.You accused me of judging or addressing judgements made. I request a CFR. You have NOT answered it...neither directly or indirectly. I disagree- but that's hardly a surprise, now is it?You fail again. But you have succeeded in one thing Selek. You have shown that you aren't worth taking seriously. I'm wounded. Cut to the quick. To quote the great philosopher Jonathan Harris, "Oh...the pain. The pain!"But I'm sure you'll have a wonderfully condescending response to this further demonstrating your failure.Or perhaps to illustrate yours.The bottom line is that this thread is not about me- or your quarrels with me (real or imagined).This thread is about dredging up a decades old pseudo-scandal allegedly in order to facilitate understanding.As has been previously noted, I am skeptical of this rationale, and of the usefulness in dragging poor Elder Dunn's name through the mud just one more time.Too often, these sorts of threads are created not to facilitate understanding, but to incite a bit of rhetorical Elder abuse (pun-intended) and a bit of psuedo-pious moral preening from the Pomp of Babylon.In that regard, this thread has succeeded beyond the critic's wildest dreams....NOT because we played "Pile on DBReel"- but because we took the time to try and reason with him.For that heinous error, we were falsely accused of trying to "justify sin".Like Pandora's box, once the lid was cracked open, all manner of quasi-pious condemnation of Dunn and the hurch flowed out- mostly from people not worthy to latchet his sandals. Edited August 18, 2012 by selek1 2
selek1 Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 And how does this apply? the they here = you and other amateur apoligetic posters on this site and that is transparent from CWALD's point and my reply.... still waiting.. nice try though but remember you are not the church... Just as a friendly point of interest, you might not want to pin your credibility to cwald, for all that he curtsies and calls you "Bishop".His behavior elsewhere (particularly "the board that shall not be named") paints a far, far different picture than the snapshot available here. 1
Recommended Posts