Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

For some reason these past few months a past talk by Henery B. Eyring Has been entrenched in my Heart/Mind/Soul. He quoted a Baptist Minister -Bob Morehead in regard to a work he [bob Morehead]produced entitled : 'The Fellowship Of The Unashamed". Does anyone remember the conference talk [Month/Year] Elder Eyering gave that talk ?. Any thoughts to that awesome talk ?.Thanks in advance.

In His Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

Posted (edited)
I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished with low living, sight walkin, small planning, smooth knees, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast and my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I can not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, spoken for the case of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go 'till He comes, give 'til I drop, preach 'till all know, and work 'till He stops me. My banner is clear. I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.

Seems like urban legend of this being attributed to Pres. Eyring. It in my search comes up as attributed to him incorrectly. I find no record of this in any talk by Eyring or in church material. There have been other threads of this exact same issue as well

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/26185-the-fellowship-of-the-unashamed/

Edited by reelmormon
Posted

I believe 2-3 years ago I listened to this talk by Elder Eyering at out Stake Center at a conference address. just need the Month/year Please.

In His Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

Posted

I believe 2-3 years ago I listened to this talk by Elder Eyering at out Stake Center at a conference address. just need the Month/year Please.

In His Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

This "Fellowship of the Unashamed" has been misattributed to Pres. Eyring since at least 2007. It was actually published in a book by Bob Moorehead, Words Aptly Spoken (Kirkland: Overlake Christian Bookstore, 1995), Dr. Moorehead is former pastor of Overlake Christian Church in Kirkland, Washington.

Perhaps Pres. Eyring said something similar and memorable.

Posted

This "Fellowship of the Unashamed" has been misattributed to Pres. Eyring since at least 2007. It was actually published in a book by Bob Moorehead, Words Aptly Spoken (Kirkland: Overlake Christian Bookstore, 1995), Dr. Moorehead is former pastor of Overlake Christian Church in Kirkland, Washington.

Perhaps Pres. Eyring said something similar and memorable.

Do you recall what conference address he quoted that from ?. Thanks

In His Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...