Texas To Give Romney The Nomination

BCSpace

At least on paper.

After today's primaries in Arkansas and Kentucky where he garnered 66-68% of the vote, Romney now needs 79 more delegates to secure the GOP nomination. The next state up is Texas on May 29 with 155 delegates. Thus Romney merely needs 51% of the vote. Or could this be the last Santorum holdout? Doubtful. Evangelical stronghold Kentucky today gave Santorum only 12.5% of it's vote.

After Texas, it's...

California

Montana

New Jersey

New Mexico

South Dakota

Utah

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/delegate-tracker/

At least on paper.

After today's primaries in Arkansas and Kentucky where he garnered 66-68% of the vote, Romney now needs 79 more delegates to secure the GOP nomination. The next state up is Texas on May 29 with 155 delegates. Thus Romney merely needs 51% of the vote. Or could this be the last Santorum holdout? Doubtful. Evangelical stronghold Kentucky today gave Santorum only 12.5% of it's vote.

After Texas, it's...

California

Montana

New Jersey

New Mexico

South Dakota

Utah

http://www.politico....legate-tracker/

I love being among the last to vote in California. It is always too late late to vote effectively in the primary and always dismal in the general elections where the liberal state garners all electoral votes. I really don't exist.

I love being among the last to vote in California. It is always too late late to vote effectively in the primary and always dismal in the general elections where the liberal state garners all electoral votes. I really don't exist.

On the other hand, that could keep turnout of certain voters low which could result in a Dewey defeats Truman moment that swings to Romney in a close election.

With all the fuss in Wisconsin, this Tuesday's Primaries went largely unnoticed nationally. The above link tells the tale. Utah, you're the icing on the cake on June 26th. All of Romney's opponents combined, including "Unallocated", can only muster half the delegates Romney has so I'd expect little fuss at the convention except from the Paulbots. Don' get me wrong, an independent presidential run by Paul could sink the GOP, I just don't believe they would be that stupid considering the ever increasing likelyhood that Romney can unseat the current POTUS.

Archived