Craig Paxton Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Nincompoopery: Is that the name for a pathological condition wherein the subject, not having a good answer at hand, flies off into raging hyperbole and sarcasm when contradicted?I ask, because the same thing happened a few days ago in an interaction I had with Craig. (See Post #31.)Still smarting over that nincompoopery Scott?
Bill Hamblin Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Nincompoopery: Is that the name for a pathological condition wherein the subject, not having a good answer at hand, flies off into raging hyperbole and sarcasm when contradicted?I ask, because the same thing happened a few days ago in an interaction I had with Craig. (See Post #31.)I can't define nincompoopery, but I know it when I see it.
Scott Lloyd Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Still smarting over that nincompoopery Scott?Not smarting. Amused is the word I would choose.
Mola Ram Suda Ram Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 You know, I got banned from another thread simply for stating that Craig was a riot. Oh well.
Craig Paxton Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 You know, I got banned from another thread simply for stating that Craig was a riot. Oh well.Well I just want all of you to know that I have nothing but the deepest respect and brotherly love for each and everyone of you...
Mola Ram Suda Ram Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Well I just want all of you to know that I have nothing but the deepest respect and brotherly love for each and everyone of you...That is good to know. I am not the best at it sometimes.
cinepro Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 (edited) I'll bite. I will declare that no church leader taught that BOM people arrived to an unpopulated America, with zero inhabitants in the entire western continent, which extends from the arctic to tierra del fuego. nada, zippo, zilch,Now be careful on your response. Give it alot of thought. Carefully consider the concept of "teaching" doctrine, and perhaps we will open a new thread based on your response.I'll also add Joseph Smith's statement in the Wentworth Letter, which was re-published to the Church and the worldin the Ensign in 2002:In this important and interesting book [The Book of Mormon] the history of ancient America is unfolded, from its first settlement by a colony that came from the Tower of Babel at the confusion of languages to the beginning of the fifth century of the Christian era. We are informed by these records that America in ancient times has been inhabited by two distinct races of people. The first were called Jaredites and came directly from the Tower of Babel. The second race came directly from the city of Jerusalem about six hundred years before Christ. They were principally Israelites of the descendants of Joseph. The Jaredites were destroyed about the time that the Israelites came from Jerusalem, who succeeded them in the inheritance of the country. The principal nation of the second race fell in battle towards the close of the fourth century. The remnant are the Indians that now inhabit this country.(Emphasis added) Edited June 13, 2012 by cinepro
Craig Paxton Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 (edited) I'll also add Joseph Smith's statement in the Wentworth Letter, which was re-published to the Church and the worldin the Ensign in 2002:I feel when posting here that I live in some bizarre* alternitive universe... and I find it hard to believe that so many posters here are so uninformed and unfamilor with this very common belief still held by many current members of the LDS church. I just don't understand why it is even being debated...when for me it is such an obvious fact that this doctrine was such a common teaching of the church. I also note that cdowis...hasn't shown his/her self in this thread since... guessing humble pie isn't his/her thing...*edited Edited June 13, 2012 by Craig Paxton
Bill Hamblin Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 I feel when posting here that I live in some bazzar alternitive universe... Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a bizarre alternative universe too.
Craig Paxton Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a bizarre alternative universe too.Yes u've caught me....I mispelled bizarre...thank you for cleaning up after me...
Log Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 (edited) Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a bizarre alternative universe too.Would that be Bill and Dan's Not-So Excellent Adventures in Anti-Mormon Zombie Hell, or something? Edited June 13, 2012 by Log
Scott Lloyd Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Yes u've caught me....I mispelled bizarre...thank you for cleaning up after me...Now that you bring it up, you misspelled alternative too.And you misspelled misspelled.
rodheadlee Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 (edited) I feel when posting here that I live in some bizarre* alternitive universe... and I find it hard to believe that so many posters here are so uninformed and unfamilor with this very common belief still held by many current members of the LDS church. I just don't understand why it is even being debated...when for me it is such an obvious fact that this doctrine was such a common teaching of the church. I also note that cdowis...hasn't shown his/her self in this thread since... guessing humble pie isn't his/her thing...*editedI guess it's because people like me, a convert since 1982, with no education past the 11th grade full well knew there were people living here in the Americas at the time period of Nephi's landing as well as the Jaredite landing. I never researched what various other Church members thought about it, especially those from before my time. I belive in line upon line, precept upon precept. so I look to the teachings of current day when it comes to BoM geography. Edited June 13, 2012 by rodheadlee
Mola Ram Suda Ram Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Now that you bring it up, you misspelled alternative too.And you misspelled misspelled.ROFL.Oh boy.
Craig Paxton Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 (edited) Now that you bring it up, you misspelled alternative too.And you misspelled misspelled.knowing that you're all there to correct my spelling errors just warms my heart...and with that "knowlwdge",I'll no longer have to put everything I post through the spell checker means I can post even more often...its a win-win for everyone Thanks Guys Edited June 13, 2012 by Craig Paxton
Bill Hamblin Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 Spilling ChequerAye have a spilling chequer,It came with my pea sea.It plainly marques four my revueMiss steaks eye cannot sea.Each thyme wen eye have struck the quays,Aye weight fur it two sayIf watt eye rote is wrung ore rite.It shows me strait a weigh.*** soon as ah mist ache is maidIt nose bee fore two late,And eye can put the heir riteEye no Aisle find it grate.I've run this poem threw itI’m shore yore policed too no.It's let her purr fact in it's weighMy chequer tolled me sew. 1
Recommended Posts