Seriously No Politics ×

New Temple Announcement Predictions

Judd

Any thoughts? I told my father-in-law right before they made the announcement that DRC would get a temple. I figure it's a chance to go on record. Perhaps Arkansas and another in Utah, though I'm not certain where. Possibly Viginia, but I'm seeing that as less likely. Can't think of any in Asia that would be new announcements (i.e. there isn't already a temple in the country).

Of that list I could see one in Tuscon, in addition to Northwest Arkansas (though I'm not sure how having a new Kansas City temple will change that since it would probably take a lot of use out of the OKC temple). In Utah, I'm not sure about Price or Cedar City, but I guess it would depend on how many communities/members in the surrounding areas it would reduce the drive for. I really can't see one in Cleveland. I think if they're looking at that area they'd put it in Pittsburg just for geographical reasons, but I don't know that the area could sustain it, especially with the new Philadelphia temple. I'm not as familiar with any of the other countries and I think after the announcement of DRC that there isn't a country (not necessarily region) that has a rather large membership without a temple. Should be interesting to see where, if any, are announced.

Of that list I could see one in Tuscon, in addition to Northwest Arkansas (though I'm not sure how having a new Kansas City temple will change that since it would probably take a lot of use out of the OKC temple). In Utah, I'm not sure about Price or Cedar City, but I guess it would depend on how many communities/members in the surrounding areas it would reduce the drive for. I really can't see one in Cleveland. I think if they're looking at that area they'd put it in Pittsburg just for geographical reasons, but I don't know that the area could sustain it, especially with the new Philadelphia temple. I'm not as familiar with any of the other countries and I think after the announcement of DRC that there isn't a country (not necessarily region) that has a rather large membership without a temple. Should be interesting to see where, if any, are announced.

I am hoping for more in international areas, although Virginia, USA would be nice. Plus Scotland and Rio De Janiero-which baffles me that they don't have one! But I guess tithing or something...although my city is getting one and we only have one stake here so I am clueless as to what we are doing that some of these cities with many, many more members are not!

I guess it makes sense. They've been announcing temples at a much faster rate than they've been completing them. They mentioned 30 temples either announced or under construction. Good chance to let it catch up a bit (would actually take a year plus to catch up in any significant way).

While the announcements to build new temples are always exciting, I would think to continue announcing four or five new ones at almost every General Conference would be unsustainable. It has to slow down sometime, IMHO.

I guess it makes sense. They've been announcing temples at a much faster rate than they've been completing them. They mentioned 30 temples either announced or under construction. Good chance to let it catch up a bit (would actually take a year plus to catch up in any significant way).

my city was announced a year ago to get a Temple and so far they don't have a place yet picked out that everyone agrees on much to my consternation!!! patience is a virtue!