Church Responds To 'Ironic' Proxy Baptism Charges

Fly Fisherman

http://www.deseretne...sm-charges.html

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is "doing exactly what we have been asked to do and what we said we would do" in implementing technological barriers to prevent unauthorized name submissions for proxy baptism, according to LDS Church spokesman Michael Purdy."

"It is ironic for someone to claim they are being targeted by the measures we have taken to prevent unauthorized submissions for baptism" when that is precisely what the church has been asked by Jewish leaders and others to do, Purdy said. He added that the measures are intended to "deny access to names that should not be submitted because they are against our policy."

Purdy indicates that it is impossible for the church to track Radkey's efforts in the database because "there is no account for a Helen Radkey."

I do not understand why there is no criticism (that I've seen at least) from those who criticize the Church of Radkey herself since the only way she has been able to do her research has been to misuse the system, the very thing she is supposedly fighting against.

I do not understand why there is no criticism (that I've seen at least) from those who criticize the Church of Radkey herself since the only way she has been able to do her research has been to misuse the system, the very thing she is supposedly fighting against.

As I said elsewhere, it depends on whose ox is being gored.

Lehi

This woman is nuts! Did she really think this wouldn't lead to her losing access? Which way does she want it?

This woman is nuts! Did she really think this wouldn't lead to her losing access? Which way does she want it?

She wants it HER way. As it turns out, however, this is not Burger King.

Archived