Prop 8 The Play To Broadcast On Youtube

california boy

Here is the link to the article.

http://www.afer.org/news/all-star-cast-for-west-coast-premiere-of-dustin-lance-black’s-“8”-announced/

George Clooney and Martin Sheen will play plaintiffs’ lead co-counsel David Boies and Theodore B. Olson, the all-star attorneys who notably faced-off in Bush v. Gore. Christine Lahti and Jamie Lee Curtis will play plaintiffs Kris Perry and Sandy Stier, a lesbian couple together for eleven years and the parents of four boys. Matthew Morrison and Matt Bomer will play plaintiffs Paul Katami and Jeff Zarrillo, a gay couple together over ten years. Brad Pitt will play Judge Walker

Jane Lynch will play prominent opponent of marriage equality Maggie Gallagher, co-founder and former chairman of the National Organization for Marriage. Rob Reiner will play David Blankenhorn, founder and president of the Institute for American Values.

Sounds like quite the production.

George Clooney and Martin Sheen will play plaintiffs’ lead co-counsel David Boies and Theodore B. Olson,... . a lesbian couple together for eleven years and the parents of four boys.

With Martin Sheen in a lead role, it ought to be very, eh, intriguing.

The lesbian couple are not, and cannot be, "the parents of four boys:, neither four nor any other number. No lesbians can.

Lehi

Do you also feel that a sterile couple who has adopted a child should be referred to as their parents?

Since our son and daughter-in-law are in this very position, yes, I do. However, ."parents" means a father and a mother. There is no such thing as a child with two mothers, nor two fathers, the pieces don't work thataway.

Lehi

Since our son and daughter-in-law are in this very position, yes, I do. However, ."parents" means a father and a mother. There is no such thing as a child with two mothers, nor two fathers, the pieces don't work thataway.

Lehi

So... you don't consider a single, step-, or adoptive parents to be "parents"? A child who's single parent remarries cannot accurately, in your view, have more than one father or mother? I find that to be a strange notion that I'd presume probably isn't shared by a majority of people, anywhere--LDS or not.

Daniel2

So... you don't consider a single,

A single parent is not a parent by himself. Someone else was invloved.

step-,

If the man and woman are married, then one can be a step parent.

or adoptive parents to be "parents"?

Of course they're parents,. I said that explicitly. At least two of our grandchildren (and more, we hope) will be adopted, and our son and daughter-in-law will be those children's parents.

A child who's single parent remarries cannot accurately, in your view, have more than one father or mother?

The union of gametes forms a child's body. Two lesbians cannot fuse their germ cells. Nor can two homosexual men.

Lehi

Let me see if I understand the rules correctly:

1) A child may only have one mother and one father, and must have both to have parents

2) Parents are only parents if they are biologically parents

3) Adoptive parents may be considered parents

4) Step-parents may also be considered parents

It seems that some of the rules contradict each other. for example If both of my biological parents were to remarry I would have two mothers and two fathers, if I later found out I was adopted I would have three mothers and three fathers. In obedience to rule 1, who are my parents?

It certainly will make the anti Mormons happy.

I take it you have seen the play to make such a remark. How did you like it? What parts do you think were anti Mormon? What parts were inaccurate on how they were portrayed??

I take it you have seen the play to make such a remark. How did you like it? What parts do you think were anti Mormon? What parts were inaccurate on how they were portrayed??

I think it is incredibly ignorant of people to believe that the play exists to shine a good light on the church. In fact I would say to propose that would be non sensical and dishonest. One does not need to consume fecal matter in order know that it is undesireable. Nor should one sell it to others by telling them if they haven't tried it they should not judge said fecal matter to be undesireable.

There are some that will always want to hand it to you because they have such a surplus available. Smart people know better.

Jeff K., on 01 March 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

It certainly will make the anti Mormons happy.

Certainly not the ones that the LDS Church got into bed with to pass Prop 8.

Anti Mormons will always criticize righteous endeavors. It is an integral part of who they are what what they seek to destroy. I would trust the prophet to keep us from the greater evil. He requested we do the right thing. Some members of the church have rejected that request others have not. It will a much sharper separation line in later years.

Let me see if I understand the rules correctly:

1) A child may only have one mother and one father, and must have both to have parents

2) Parents are only parents if they are biologically parents

3) Adoptive parents may be considered parents

4) Step-parents may also be considered parents

It seems that some of the rules contradict each other. for example If both of my biological parents were to remarry I would have two mothers and two fathers, if I later found out I was adopted I would have three mothers and three fathers. In obedience to rule 1, who are my parents?

Or in the immortal words of the philosopher Tobias K. Covel...

I think it is incredibly ignorant of people to believe that the play exists to shine a good light on the church. In fact I would say to propose that would be non sensical and dishonest. One does not need to consume fecal matter in order know that it is undesireable. Nor should one sell it to others by telling them if they haven't tried it they should not judge said fecal matter to be undesireable.

There are some that will always want to hand it to you because they have such a surplus available. Smart people know better.

Ignorance is usually defined as lack of knowledge or not knowing. Your analysis is born completely out of your own ignorance since it appears you have not seen the play or read the script. Instead you base your entire rant on prejudices that already exist in your mind. If the church is still proud of their role in taking away the right to marry for gay couples in California, then they should have no problem with this play. Until you can specifically point to something that is not portrayed accurately, you are just issuing your rants in complete ignorance. You evidently don't even have a clue as to what this play is about and whether Mormons are even mentioned.

I am sure you have a great deal to cheer for in the play. It will of course reflect your truest motivations toward the prophet and his council. Your defense of the play says more than I could possibly voice.

I love how people choose to either suspend suspend common sense or willfully act duplicitously when it comes to other anti Mormons. I wonder at how many encouraged Joseph Smith to go to Carthage. Surely they were only going to arrest him right?

The truth will come out. Will they admit to it?

Anti Mormons will always criticize righteous endeavors. It is an integral part of who they are what what they seek to destroy. I would trust the prophet to keep us from the greater evil. He requested we do the right thing. Some members of the church have rejected that request others have not. It will a much sharper separation line in later years.

Tell me then, when anti-mormon evangelicals seek to undermine a loving and committed couple who want to provide a safe and healthy marital environment to raise their children, is that evil vs evil?

Archived