Mormons Should Share Excess Wealth: Expert

Bill “Papa” Lee

This is an odd story as it seems to weave in and out of “FLDS” to “LDS” and back.

http://www.theprovince.com/life/Mormons+should+share+excess+wealth+Expert/6083234/story.html

I wonder if the world will ever see that we are not all “Mormons” in the pre-1890 context? Also the “Law of Consecration” does not have anything to do with taxes.

I am also not sure why a "Mormon Scholar" or expert as he is being called would be involved in this trial and tell a judge that "we"; "they" should share their wealth...in this context.

The idea is the "excess money" he made belonged to the community, not just him.....and the sharing occurred prior to taxes being paid....and the reasoning is based on the FLDS interpretation of the Law of Consecration.

Spreading 1.5 million among a couple of hundred people rather than just one man allows for a lot more deductions to be made for tax purposes.

The idea is the "excess money" he made belonged to the community, not just him.....and the sharing occurred prior to taxes being paid....and the reasoning is based on the FLDS interpretation of the Law of Consecration.

Spreading 1.5 million among a couple of hundred people rather than just one man allows for a lot more deductions to be made for tax purposes.

That makes more sense.

A totally inaccurate depiction of the LoC (see my siggy for official LDS doctrine on the matter) which gives indivudals the right and obligation to do with their wealth as they please. Plus this is Canada which is essentially European in thinking those nations tax the Church (and all churches) quite heavily.

Archived