The Dusting/Washing of Feet

Doctor Steuss

I thought washing feet was a good thing... My husband and I wash one another's feet on special occations - just as a kind of fun thing to do :P.

38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

Ordinance wise, there's a difference between dusting of feet, and washing of feet.

When they're your own feet?

"[samuel] left the house, and traveled a short distance, and washed his feet in a small brook, as a testimony against the man."

(Thank you Alf for the link)

There's a FPR that Orson Hyde, prior to his trip to the Mount of Olives and his dedication of the Holy Land for the Jews' return, tried some missionarying in Vienna, and was basically thrown out of town. After allegedly dusting his feet at the border of the Empire on his way down to Istanbul, the downfall of the Empire began . . . with the Empire being reduced first to just Hungary and Austria, then Hungary and South Tirol being ripped from them as part of the Treaty of Paris after WWI, and finally the Anschluss coming 20 years later (with the ensuing misery lasting until 1989).

This was very current amongst Austrian saints while I was missionarying there.

I've never actually read a report.

so it's a good thing if someone cleans your feet, or you clean another person's feet.

but if you have to clean your own feet.... :P

I suspect intentionality is important, too.

Archived