Table of Contents

6 minutes ago, SightBeyondSight said:

Being new to Mormonism, ( I do not attend Church yet, and I have never been Baptized, ever), looking at the Table of Contents in the Book of Mormon, is it supposed to be Esther, or Ether?

Thank You

It's Ether. You know how names get shorter after people emigrate to a new continent? It's probably that.

6 minutes ago, Chum said:

It's Ether. You know how names get shorter after people emigrate to a new continent? It's probably that.

Are you serious? Esther is a middle-eastern female name. Ether is a Jaredite male name. It's not shortening, Chum.  Ether precedes Esther by at least a thousand years.

Lengthening? LOL

20 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Are you serious? Esther is a middle-eastern female name. Ether is a Jaredite male name. It's not shortening, Chum.  Ether precedes Esther by at least a thousand years.

Lengthening? LOL

I'm sorry. Where exactly did I say I knew what I was talking about? Boom. Yeah. That's right.

1 minute ago, Chum said:

I'm sorry. Where exactly did I say I knew what I was talking about? Boom. Yeah. That's right.

I just made a fatal assumption, I guess. It actually sounded like you were joking around, but... one never knows. I've heard people say the most outlandish things in all seriousness...

4 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I just made a fatal assumption, I guess. It actually sounded like you were joking around, but... one never knows. I've heard people say the most outlandish things in all seriousness...

Nah. It's just me making crap up.