8 Year Olds, Free Will, and Baptism

1 minute ago, pogi said:

Except that misses the point of his morality, which is well-being.

Are you denying that the goal of his morality is human well-being?

My goodness, Pogi.  It doesn't matter what I am saying, at this point.  You will intently misconstrue what is happening here, it seems.  I'm not saying anything about wellbeing.  I"m saying drop the second half the premise 1 and the argument remains untouched.  It is the same.  He just adds it for clarification, but it's not necessary.  

2 hours ago, stemelbow said:

My goodness, Pogi.  It doesn't matter what I am saying, at this point.  You will intently misconstrue what is happening here, it seems.  I'm not saying anything about wellbeing.  I"m saying drop the second half the premise 1 and the argument remains untouched.  It is the same.  He just adds it for clarification, but it's not necessary.  

Just drop the second half?  I don’t think you understand why he added the second half.  Hint - his whole premise of morality depends on it.

I think we are done.  I perceive you as the one intentionally misconstruing things.  

Harris suggests the goal of morality is “well-being” or human “flourishing” (His exact words). You made that blatantly clear throughout this thread, or should I just forget the first 10 pages or so?  His whole book centers on that premise and goal of well-being.   But I should just drop the second half of the premise that morality depends on Minds that experience well-being?

I truly don’t know why you are trying to backpedal your way out of simply acknowledging that Harris’ morality is human centric with the goal of well-being specifically. 

Edited by pogi
  • Like 1