Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

1918 Influenza Epidemic, Sacrament Meetings, and Ward Teaching


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In another thread, I stated I would review all Conference talks to see "what we have been taught about the sacrament for the past 200 years."
I came across this interesting statement by Heber J Grant in April Conference, 1919, reporting on the effects of the 1918 influenza epidemic that killed millions of people.....

Quote

SACRAMENT MEETINGS. In consequence of the quarantine and conditions prevailing during the epidemic of influenza in the latter part of the year 1918, the attendance at Sacrament meetings has fallen off and the visits of the ward teachers have not been as regular as in other years.

And this recent article....

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/church/news/looking-back-at-general-conference-in-the-age-of-influenza-outbreaks-and-world-war-i?lang=eng

Edited by Bernard Gui
Posted

I wouldn't think they would be regular, who knew who had it and nobody would want to be infected

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...