Jump to content

Attachment size


JAHS

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know why the size of attachments that I can add to a post has been getting smaller and smaller? 
Right now it is at 30 kb which is too small for most photos, etc.
What determines how big of an attachment I can add to a post?

Edited to add: OK I just did a little research into the attachments I have posted so far and I was very close to the 5 mb limit. Need to delete some.

Edited by JAHS
Link to comment
On 2/18/2019 at 12:18 AM, JAHS said:

Does anyone know why the size of attachments that I can add to a post has been getting smaller and smaller? 
Right now it is at 30 kb which is too small for most photos, etc.
What determines how big of an attachment I can add to a post?

Edited to add: OK I just did a little research into the attachments I have posted so far and I was very close to the 5 mb limit. Need to delete some.

You don't need to upload attachments to this site, at least if they are images.  Which I assume is what you're uploading?

Anyway, there are a number of free image hosting sites.  You upload your image to these sites, they give you a link, and you use that link on the message board.  Here's a list of free image hosting sites:

Here is a link to a review of the 10 best such sites: https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

Edited by Stargazer
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

You don't need to upload attachments to this site, at least if they are images.  Which I assume is what you're uploading?

Anyway, there are a number of free image hosting sites.  You upload your image to these sites, they give you a link, and you use that link on the message board.  Here's a list of free image hosting sites:

Here is a link to a review of the 10 best such sites: https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

Good info. Thanks. I also found that I can also just do a right click on an image on a website and "copy image address" and use that link in the post. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, JAHS said:

Good info. Thanks. I also found that I can also just do a right click on an image on a website and "copy image address" and use that link in the post. 

Yep!  I do that a lot, too, but it doesn't work well when you have a graphic that you can't find on a website.  Like one you make yourself.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...