In the beginning

In the beginning of what?

On 9/26/2017 at 11:16 AM, LittleNipper said:

God created

Created from what?

the heaven

Exactly what does this mean?

Does it mean what the person who wrote it thought it meant, or does it mean what a modern person thinks it means?

and the earth.

Was this about 7000 years ago, or could it mean something else?

Was this part "in the beginning" or not

What is your interpretation?

Eternity has no "beginning" therefore this means the beginning of this creation cycle. 

God, creates through the process of dividing or in other words organizing.

God divided the light from the darkness

Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters

God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament

Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and (divided) let the dry land appear

Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night

On 9/25/2017 at 9:21 AM, Gray said:

You guys might as well be arguing over what flavor of ice cream is best. You have two different theological interpretations, there is no standard to "prove" which is objectively right.

Duh,

Rocky Road is the best.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:25 PM, Gray said:

Jesus referencing Adam and Eve or Noah doesn't mean he considered them to be real people - I reference them too. And it's really irrelevant whether he thought of them that way or not.

That doesn't change his point in the least.

Of course if you're saying Jesus has to be flawlessly prescient, he predicts the end in his own generation, at least according to Matthew.

That's silly and a very naive reading. Jesus didn't say Noah was real. Furthermore, Jesus had no way of knowing to begin with!

Your conclusions do not follow from your premises.

Well in that case the reference to people being baptised for the dead was merely a figure of speech, but apparently  that thought never occurred to you! 

2 hours ago, Vance said:

In the beginning of what?

Created from what?

Exactly what does this mean?

Does it mean what the person who wrote it thought it meant, or does it mean what a modern person thinks it means?

Was this about 7000 years ago, or could it mean something else?

Was this part "in the beginning" or not

Eternity has no "beginning" therefore this means the beginning of this creation cycle. 

God, creates through the process of dividing or in other words organizing.

God divided the light from the darkness

Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters

God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament

Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and (divided) let the dry land appear

Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night

GOD created everything both the visible and the invisible. GOD created time. In the beginning GOD created SPACE and MATTER. GOD created LIGHT.

9 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

GOD created everything both the visible and the invisible.

And he didn't create it from nothing.

GOD created time.

CFR  Biblical chapter and verse please.

In the beginning GOD created SPACE and MATTER.

CFR Biblical chapter and verse please.

GOD created LIGHT.

30 minutes ago, Vance said:

And he didn't create it from nothing.

CFR  Biblical chapter and verse please.

Well, which is older ------------------- GOD or His building blocks? And if GOD didn't make His building blocks ---- then which GOD did? ---because He would be the more powerful --- now wouldn't He! I certainly wouldn't wish to worship a lesser god. Maybe we should all worship Nature instead? Oddly, even atheists have a real problem with what existed before the BIG BANG! Obviously, Mormons know everything!:rolleyes:

Read the end of Revelations, you will see that GOD and not the sun will be the provider of light.

And you don't observe that there is a lot of space between the heavenly bodies? And you do not see that all the heavenly bodies are made of earth! 

13 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

Well, which is older ------------------- GOD or His building blocks?

Neither, both are eternal.

And if GOD didn't make His building blocks ---- then which GOD did?

They were created.

---because He would be the more powerful --- now wouldn't He!

Non sequitur.

I certainly wouldn't wish to worship a lesser god.

Then why do you?

Maybe we should all worship Nature instead?

If that would make you feel better, go ahead.

Oddly, even atheists have a real problem with what existed before the BIG BANG!

Irrelevant.

Obviously, Mormons know everything!:rolleyes:

By comparison.

Read the end of Revelations, you will see that GOD and not the sun will be the provider of light.

Chapter and verse please.

And you don't observe that there is a lot of space between the heavenly bodies?

So?

And you do not see that all the heavenly bodies are made of earth! 

CFR

19 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:
Isaiah 45:7 
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Obviously He is speaking rhetorically.

11 hours ago, Vance said:

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Obviously He is speaking rhetorically.

Nope ----- That's what you added. GOD said no such thing. God created Lucifer fully knowing exactly what Lucifer would do.  Without Lucifer things might have been different, but that is not what GOD intended. GOD wanted to save sinners and wanted them to turn to HIM. 

Little Nipper So who created lucifer, God The Father or God The Son ?,  many a evangelical has told me that God - Jesus created lucifer and not God the Father, which would make Jesus The Father of Lucifer.

The Atonement it is The Central Doctrine

Washing My Garment In His Blood

In His Eternal Debt/Grace

Anakin7

49 minutes ago, Anakin7 said:

Little Nipper So who created lucifer, God The Father or God The Son ?,  many a evangelical has told me that God - Jesus created lucifer and not God the Father, which would make Jesus The Father of Lucifer.

The Atonement it is The Central Doctrine

Washing My Garment In His Blood

In His Eternal Debt/Grace

Anakin7

They are ONE. All three beings that collectively exist as ONE GOD had a hand in the Creation of EVERYTHING that exists.

Edited by LittleNipper
10 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

GOD created a perfect being with full knowledge that that perfect being He created would become the author of evil.

Then that "perfect" being wasn't perfect.  Your point is ridiculous and illogical.