Seriously No Politics ×

Martin Luther: The Idea That Changed The World

22 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

I'm to trying to demonstrate to YOU that there has only been ONE HIGH or CHIEF PRIEST at ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that you haven't done.  All have done is provide a link to a piece that presents evidence as to why Jesus could NOT be a high priest.

Here is another clue for you. Caiaphas was the high priest when Jesus was sacrificed.  If there can only be one at a time THEN JESUS WAS NOT IT!!!!!!, and His sacrifice was invalid.

So, which is it? More than one at a time or Jesus' sacrifice being invalid.

Just now, LittleNipper said:

You refuted nothing!  You merely say ---" No it ain't --- prove it, and don't waste our time!" Leave the Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and the Book of Abraham out. and substantiate your "Mormon" theology from the Bible alone.

You presented nothing.

28 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

Believers can be priests through Christ

The Bible says they must be ordained like Aaron was.

but if CHRIST is the High Priest and He holds that spot eternally there is no need for others to do the very same.

You are making an assumption with no basis.  Nowhere does it say that there would be no need for other.

He not only performs the sacrificial rite ----He is the PERFECT sacrifice.

True.  BUT if He was a high priest at the time then there were more than one at the time.

You lose that point.

This is why there is no longer a need for a Temple in Jerusalem.

Yet the saints continued to go to the temple.  What are you missing?  You don't even know.

The curtain was torn from the top down. It is finished.

You assume this has some to do with your argument.  It doesn't. The saints, including the apostle Paul continued to go to the temple, why?  You don't know.  You are missing something and you have no clue.

Of course unredeemed jews are not going to accept Jesus as their Messiah --- that has their (the Jew's) issue since Jesus hung on the cross at Calvary.

What an inane and irrelevant comment!

The has only been one High Priest at a time in the Bible. Prove that there has been more than one at any one time BIBLICALLY! Let's begin with Aaron. While Aaron was the High Priest of the tabernacle, who officiated with him in that position? When Samuel was the High Priest  in the temple at Jerusalem, who officiated with him?  When Melchisedec was the High Priest of Salem, who officiated along with him? 

Edited by LittleNipper
14 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

You claim to be a "Christian" but you show disdain for  the Bible.

I disdain your worship of your interpretation of the Bible over the Holy Spirit of revelation and authority.

Doesn't that send up any red flags for you.

Nope!  I am not a Bible worshiper.  I have studied the Bible enough to know that Mormons believe MORE of the Bible than evangelicals do.

It certainly does for me. You say that transcribing the Bible is a total waste of your cyberspace...

You just dropped a whole chapter WITHOUT COMMENT!   THAT was the waste of cyber space.  Why not just say "Hebrews Chapter 7"?

I can easily imagine that Jesus and the disciples and the Apostles would disagree with you entirely.

Right back at you.

The point is still that Jesus (selected by God the Father to be the Chief Priest) still does and forever will hold that position.

YES, Just as Melchizedek, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Elias, and Joshua, to name a few.

However, because Christ did it, we now have full access to the Holy of Holies through CHRIST JESUS unlike with Aaron of old. Only he had access but once a year.

Here is another clue for you.

Moses ordained Aaron and organized the Levitical priesthood, ergo Moses had a superior priesthood to Aaron.

What was it?

3 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

The has only been one High Priest at a time in the Bible. Prove that there has been more than one at any one time BIBLICALLY!

I already did.

According to the Bible Caiaphas was the high priest when Jesus made his sacrifice.  So you have one of two choices.

1) There can only be one high priest at a time, therefore Jesus sacrifice is invalidated because he wasn't a high priest at the time it occurred, or

2) There can be more that one high priest at a time.

Which is it?

25 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

You refuted nothing!  You merely say ---" No it ain't --- prove it, and don't waste our time!" Leave the Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and the Book of Abraham out. and substantiate your "Mormon" theology from the Bible alone.

You have yet to prove that there can only be one high priest at a time.  Your continual repetition of this statement is not evidence nor proof.

NOWHERE in the Bible does it say there can only be one high priest at a time.  I have shown a clear and convincing argument otherwise, which you can NOT refute.

Edited by Vance
18 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

Who was/is Melchisedeck ---PLEASE SEE:  https://www.gotquestions.org/Melchizedek.html

FTA "Some propose that Melchizedek was actually a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ, or a Christophany. This is a possible theory, given that Abraham had received such a visit before. "

Not proof, and easily refuted.

FTA "This term order would ordinarily indicate a succession of priests holding the office.

Ah, the old evangelical, it doesn't mean what it says trick.

18 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

Who was/is Melchisedeck -- Please Consider: http://www.ad2004.com/Biblecodes/Hebrewmatrix/melchizedek.html

FTA " Few mysteries of the Bible have been as intriguing as the mystery of the identity of Melchizedek. Who is he? Some have speculated that Melchizedek is Yeshua (Jesus), or the archangel Michael, or Shem the son of Noah, or just an ordinary human, or even another divine being as a type of Christ?"

So, speculation is now your proof?

Like I said, present and defend YOUR argument, not that of someone else. 

And God the Father appreciated Caiaphas for doing what and how to Jesus?  You believe that  Caiaphas was equal to Our Lord Jesus Christ and that once the curtain twas torn in twain any sacrifice  Caiaphas made counted for what exactly? You place "feelings" above the word of God? Don't you realize that that is exactly what LIBERALS DO!  I hand you over to GOD. I'm done this discussion with you. Go read the Bible with a mind not clouded by materialism and hedonistic logic. You have not proven your case.

13 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

And God the Father appreciated Caiaphas for doing what and how to Jesus?

Was he the high priest, as the Bible says or was he not?

You believe that  Caiaphas was equal to Our Lord Jesus Christ . . .

STOP!! being an ridiculous! 

Was Caiaphas the high priest, as the Bible says or was he not?

and that once the curtain twas torn in twain any sacrifice  Caiaphas made counted for what exactly?

The Bible is silent on this subject.  Anything you add is speculation.

You place "feelings" above the word of God?

No, I place the witness of the Spirit above YOUR INTERPRETATION of the Bible.

Don't you realize that that is exactly what LIBERALS DO!

Where did Paul get his gospel? From the Bible?

No.  He claim otherwise.  Do I have to quote it for you?

I hand you over to GOD.

I have always been in his care.

I'm done this discussion with you.

I know, it frustrates you to lose.  The Bible just doesn't support your position.  You have to add opinion and conjecture.

Go read the Bible with a mind not clouded by materialism and hedonistic logic.

Well, it is clear that you don't read the Bible with an open mind, letting the spirit whisper to you. 

You have not proven your case.

Actually, it is you that haven't proven you case.

You can't honestly answer the question, "Was Caiaphas the high priest, as the Bible says or was he not? "

Edited by Vance
16 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

16 hours ago, Vance said:

And that you haven't done.  All have done is provide a link to a piece that presents evidence as to why Jesus could NOT be a high priest.

Here is another clue for you. Caiaphas was the high priest when Jesus was sacrificed.  If there can only be one at a time THEN JESUS WAS NOT IT!!!!!!, and His sacrifice was invalid.

So, which is it? More than one at a time or Jesus' sacrifice being invalid.

You guys might as well be arguing over what flavor of ice cream is best. You have two different theological interpretations, there is no standard to "prove" which is objectively right.

13 hours ago, Anakin7 said:

LittleNipper, and your reason to tell us this is ?. Question what room of christianity  [ Church denomination ] do you belong, where do you worship ?.

The Atonement It Is The Central Doctrine Doctrine

Washing My Garment In His Blood

In His Eternal Debt/Grace   

Anakin7

I attend an Independent Fundamentalist Bible Believing Institution. Which was part of the Sunday School Union to which John Wanamaker (philanthropist and department store tycoon) was instrumental in promoting. 

Edited by LittleNipper

Thank you, I myself am a former Methodist [Baptized as an infant],  as a young teenager 13 -14  I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior in a park here in my city where I live and accepted the alter call and was baptized by a Fundamentalist Independent Baptist minister/preacher at a Fundamentalist Independent Baptist church. Became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at age 17. After receiving anti LDS polemical material after High School, with prayer and research/study at a local Methodist Seminary I remain a LDS Sentinel, Son of Thunder Kryptonian, Saint/Christian. Currently serve as a local congregational missionary for The Lord of Life, Lord, Redeemer, God, King, Master Jesus Christ. May True Grace be with you and those you love.

The Atonement It is The Central Doctrine

Washing My garment In His Blood

In His Eternal Debt/Grace

Anakin7

7 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  What is your interpretation?

In broad strokes. God is the creator. In the specifics of the story, most of it is myth and symbols. Adam and Eve are symbolic representations of humanity. It's a story about our loss of innocence - almost a coming of age story. 

8 hours ago, Gray said:

In broad strokes. God is the creator. In the specifics of the story, most of it is myth and symbols. Adam and Eve are symbolic representations of humanity. It's a story about our loss of innocence - almost a coming of age story. 

And this is because the book of Mormon is myth? I guess that Jesus lied? 

Jesus clearly said, “As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.” (ref. Matthew 24:37, Luke 17:26).

So if the days of Noah were not real, then just insert the word “Fictional” into the verse. It reads like this:

“As it was in the [Fictional] days of Noah, so will it be at the [Fictional] coming of the Son of Man.”

Who in their right mind tells you about a future day that is made up? but that’s exactly what Jesus did IF the story of Noah was made up. Therefore, Noah is real or Jesus is lying.

He also referenced Adam and Eve indirectly by saying “Have you not read that He who made them in the beginning made them male and female? For this reason a man shall leave mother and father and be joined to his wife.” The bold text is a direct quote from Genesis 2:24 (ref. Matthew 19:5, Mark 10:7).

Edited by LittleNipper
38 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

And this is because the book of Mormon is myth? I guess that Jesus lied? 

Jesus clearly said, “As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.” (ref. Matthew 24:37, Luke 17:26).

Jesus referencing Adam and Eve or Noah doesn't mean he considered them to be real people - I reference them too. And it's really irrelevant whether he thought of them that way or not.

So if the days of Noah were not real, then just insert the word “Fictional” into the verse. It reads like this:

“As it was in the [Fictional] days of Noah, so will it be at the [Fictional] coming of the Son of Man.”

That doesn't change his point in the least.

Of course if you're saying Jesus has to be flawlessly prescient, he predicts the end in his own generation, at least according to Matthew.

Who in their right mind tells you about a future day that is made up? but that’s exactly what Jesus did IF the story of Noah was made up. Therefore, Noah is real or Jesus is lying.

That's silly and a very naive reading. Jesus didn't say Noah was real. Furthermore, Jesus had no way of knowing to begin with!

He also referenced Adam and Eve indirectly by saying “Have you not read that He who made them in the beginning made them male and female? For this reason a man shall leave mother and father and be joined to his wife.” The bold text is a direct quote from Genesis 2:24 (ref. Matthew 19:5, Mark 10:7).

Your conclusions do not follow from your premises.

On 9/24/2017 at 9:52 PM, LittleNipper said:

A contemporary of Martin Luther was John Calvin. He differed from Luther in several aspects. While Martin came from a working class german family, John was from a well to do French family. While Martin promoted Faith to a fault, John promoted predestination. Please see: http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/people/theologians/john-calvin.html

John Calvin, another purveyor of false doctrine.