Trying to find a quote made by Joseph Smith

SteveO

This may be pretty quick thread, but I recall hearing a while ago, I BELIEVE in a talk given by Truman Madsen, that the Prophet Joseph Smith said there would come a time where LDS women would be the only ones willing to have children.  I have been looking for it on google (keeps bringing up polygamy), and am having no success.  Does anyone know where I can find this quote?  Or did I totally misunderstand and the quote doesn't even exist :P

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SteveO

Is this it?

Joseph Smith made many prophetic statements that last to our day. Some of them seemed preposterous at the time. Lillie Freeze recalls one such. "He said the time would come when none but the women of the Latter-day Saints would be willing to bear children."

In large measure this is already happening today-before our eyes. He said on another occasion that the Saints would be driven and would suffer, but they would go to the Rocky Mountains and there become a great and mighty people. Other recollections of that prophecy do not say a great and "mighty" but a great and "wealthy" people who would be tried more with riches than they ever had been with poverty. This too is happening before our eyes.

One can refuse to bear (beget) children. And one can refuse to bear (love and nurture) begotten children. Both refusals are epidemic in our time.

9 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Is this it?

Joseph Smith made many prophetic statements that last to our day. Some of them seemed preposterous at the time. Lillie Freeze recalls one such. "He said the time would come when none but the women of the Latter-day Saints would be willing to bear children."

In large measure this is already happening today-before our eyes. He said on another occasion that the Saints would be driven and would suffer, but they would go to the Rocky Mountains and there become a great and mighty people. Other recollections of that prophecy do not say a great and "mighty" but a great and "wealthy" people who would be tried more with riches than they ever had been with poverty. This too is happening before our eyes.

One can refuse to bear (beget) children. And one can refuse to bear (love and nurture) begotten children. Both refusals are epidemic in our time.

Yes.  Was that said by Madsen?  

We also have no direct quote from Joseph to that effect?

Thank you!