Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon Anarchism?


Recommended Posts

Posted

https://themormonworker.net/past-issues/archive/an-introduction-to-mormon-anarchism/

In an attempt to see if anyone had done any comparison/contrast between Catholic Social Teaching and LDS welfare systems, I came upon the above.

I reviwed the rules before posting, which seem to say to avoid politics "except directly pertaining to the Church". If this thread is inappropriate I will understand.

I have only glanced over the blog quickly. A unique interpretation of LDS socioeconomic teaching to say the least.

Thoughts?

Posted
30 minutes ago, flameburns623 said:

https://themormonworker.net/past-issues/archive/an-introduction-to-mormon-anarchism/

In an attempt to see if anyone had done any comparison/contrast between Catholic Social Teaching and LDS welfare systems, I came upon the above.

I reviwed the rules before posting, which seem to say to avoid politics "except directly pertaining to the Church". If this thread is inappropriate I will understand.

I have only glanced over the blog quickly. A unique interpretation of LDS socioeconomic teaching to say the least.

Thoughts?

It certainly has it's appeal and some grounding.

Posted
35 minutes ago, flameburns623 said:

smac97: Thanks.

This was an odd thing to happen across. 

Really.

Odd.

I came across it a few years back, and I believe we discussed it on this board briefly. Yes, it is rather odd. I want to come across a website by a fellow who suggested that the Book of Mormon took place in Japan, and that the Nephites were the predecessors of the Samurai Warriors. That was also fairly odd.

Posted

I think it does a decent job of pointing out our economic and political problems but his solution is flawed. We have seen anarchy before when government falls en masse. Last time it happened on a large scale in the west we got the glory of feudalism.

Posted
5 hours ago, flameburns623 said:

https://themormonworker.net/past-issues/archive/an-introduction-to-mormon-anarchism/

In an attempt to see if anyone had done any comparison/contrast between Catholic Social Teaching and LDS welfare systems, I came upon the above.

I reviwed the rules before posting, which seem to say to avoid politics "except directly pertaining to the Church". If this thread is inappropriate I will understand.

I have only glanced over the blog quickly. A unique interpretation of LDS socioeconomic teaching to say the least.

Thoughts?

Skimmed the first few paragraphs.  

Conclusive proof that if one can pass a temple recommend interview, one is as "Mormon" as one can be, politics and everything else aside.

Not sure about the details or if this person is in this category, but I can imagine a faithful member writing this.  

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...