Loosen Up

Just my two cents here, but I respectfully suggest that the moderators loosen up a bit and not lock threads just because they get lively and/or political.  I went into the In the News section this morning and saw some threads that looked interesting, and I was anxious to post them--but every one of them was locked.

A couple weeks ago there was a thread about a study on political affiliation among religious people, and as soon as there was reference made to politicians by name, a moderator got on and threatened to lock the thread.  Why?  What is the problem with people expressing political views, especially when they clearly involve issues on which the Church has taken a stand?  Brigham Young, among many other LDS leaders, taught that politics necessarily involves spiritual and moral issues.

There are plenty of sites having to do with politics upon which you can post to your heart's content.  The mods have said, "This is the policy," and, though I don't agree with every moderating decision, they've made a good-faith effort to moderate accordingly.  Don't blame the moderators if other people start interesting political threads that violate the rules. ;)

P.S.: Now, if only one of the moderators were named "Sandy" so we could say, a la the Washington Redskins' John Riggins after he'd knocked back a few, "Loosen up, Sandy; you're too tight." ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969

There are plenty of sites having to do with politics upon which you can post to your heart's content.  The mods have said, "This is the policy," and, though I don't agree with every moderating decision, they've made a good-faith effort to moderate accordingly.  Don't blame the moderators if other people start interesting political threads that violate the rules. ;)

P.S.: Now, if only one of the moderators were named "Sandy" so we could say, a la the Washington Redskins' John Riggins after he'd knocked back a few, "Loosen up, Sandy; you're too tight." ;)

Indeed.