Seriously No Politics ×

What Gives? Is Dan Struggling With Dementia?

And of that subset (those on your list whom you know he has met) more than two have more than a nodding acquaintance with Mormon apologetics? I wonder whether you could demonstrate that. For one thing, it's a rather subjective determination (whether or not their acquaintance with Mormon apologetics is more than "nodding").

The answer from Mike Reed would be, "NO WAY!" :)

May I say something that may or may not be relevant to this thread.  But I have always wanted others to understand this experience with Dan Peterson.  Three years ago, I knew nothing really of this board.  I had questions and I so wanted some answers, so I came here and would anxiously wait for any reply.  My first reply was from Dr. Peterson who said:  "No..No..No..You are so wrong"!  That was my first encounter with this board..I am glad that inspite of this reaction from Peterson, that I eventually came back.  Please, please be open to the fact that scholars are not often teachers.

Maybe Dan is good orchestrater of facts and knowledge, helping to keep the church looking legitimate in the eyes of the world, not necessarily for the members, but for the non members. But yes, not a teacher per say.

But he does teach and he is a great teacher, I've taken classes from him.

His teaching style may not work for everyone, I would have to know the context of Jeanne's question to understand why he responded that way and if I think he could have done better (well, we can always do better, so I guess I mean if he should have done better).

But he does teach and he is a great teacher, I've taken classes from him.

His teaching style may not work for everyone, I would have to know the context of Jeanne's question to understand why he responded that way and if I think he could have done better (well, we can always do better, so I guess I mean if he should have done better).

Yes, I spoke too soon. He would be a good teacher also. I wish he'd come on and dispel or affirm all our gossip. Edited by Tacenda

Yes, I spoke too soon. He would be a good teacher also. I wish he'd come on and dispel or affirm all our gossip.

There's LOT'S of this type of gossip on the internet over Dan. Right now, so far as I am concerned, Mike Reed, intentionally or not, I favor the latter, is merely repeating arguments on Dan John Dehlin recently made against President Monson. I would think it is physically and mentally impossible for Dan to dispel them all.