Tabernacle Choir Youtube Announcement

cdowis

Several months ago, it was announced that the Tabernacle Choir now has its own youtube channel. Here is the youtube announcement

[media=]

Their Sunday broadcast should be regularly posted here for everyone to hear. You can subscribe to the channel, and updates can be sent to you email.

Edited by cdowis

Kewl! B:) Although I'm one of those D*** Utah Mormons ™ ;), and, as such, I have more regular access to the Choir, anything that increases access to the Choir (from anywhere) is, as Martha Stewart might say, "A good thing!" ;):D (And of course, it's always nice to have access to the Choir, not just from any-where, but at any time, too ... even for us D*** Utah Mormons .)

Edited by Kenngo1969

I'm watching now, at the 16:38 mark is the song that is a favourite for many on this board "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". I know the church reaches many through performance and music. If you are from Utah, you've probably heard of Cherry Hill. Longtime members own this water park and campground. The owners use to offer free van trips to go and listen to the choir every Sunday morning to it's campers. I'm not sure they do that any longer but they do offer free Friday and Saturday night concerts in the summer that feature various local artists. One was Hillary Weeks and she brought down the house, full crowd that night. Several wards that live nearby will go and host each night with several volunteers that roam and greet perspective members. It opens with prayer and a quick message of who the mormons are and their pioneer heritage. At the back they have shelves that hold church pamphlets for people to take. My husband and I will go there and listen, very fun and a cheap date.

Edited by Tacenda

A radio interview giving some interesting details on the choir

What is the minimum age, the maximum, how long is the commitment when a person joins, etc Very interesting.

[media=]

Edited by cdowis