Calm Posted March 17, 2013 Posted March 17, 2013 Thanks for reminding me, a sibling has a birthday today...must call.
Paloma Posted March 17, 2013 Posted March 17, 2013 Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed!A friend sent a link to a beautiful Christian song that I'd never heard before, but found it lovely.At the end of the song, the young woman singer recites part of St. Patrick's prayer ("Christ before us; Christ behind us; Christi around us; Christ within us ...") often called The Breastplate of St. Patrick... something I've long loved. I don't know if you're familiar with it, especially since it invokes the Trinity. (But I understand that LDS believers also believe in the Trinity, just with a different understanding of the relationship between Father, Son and Spirit.)Here's the link: And here are the words to the song:Holy Spirit, Living Breath of GodWords and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townsend© 2006 Thankyou MusicHoly Spirit, living Breath of God,Breathe new life into my willing soul.Bring the presence of the risen LordTo renew my heart and make me whole.Cause Your Word to come alive in me;Give me faith for what I cannot see;Give me passion for Your purity.Holy Spirit, breathe new life in me.Holy Spirit, come abide within;May Your joy be seen in all I do—Love enough to cover ev'ry sinIn each thought and deed and attitude,Kindness to the greatest and the least,Gentleness that sows the path of peace.Turn my striving into works of grace.Breath of God, show Christ in all I do. Holy Spirit, from creation's birth,Giving life to all that God has made,Show your power once again on earth;Cause Your church to hunger for Your ways.Let the fragrance of our prayers arise.Lead us on the road of sacrificeThat in unity the face of ChristWill be clear for all the world to see.
Paloma Posted March 17, 2013 Posted March 17, 2013 Here's the verse of St. Patrick's Breastplate to which I referred:Christ be with me, Christ within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me. Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ in quiet, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.And now back to The Irish Rovers... which I also love. Ahh, the fun-loving, lilting Irish! 2
Nathair/|\ Posted March 18, 2013 Posted March 18, 2013 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=232045810274871&set=a.213806912098761.68134.162261050586681&type=1&ref=nf
Recommended Posts