Help With Familysearch.Org

rodheadlee

I was hoping someone could help me with my temple work or explain how to get it done. I have some relatives ready to do their work. If I reserve them and print them out to take to the temple but I am not near a temple what do I do? If I have no TR but I am near a temple can I drop them of at the temple for someone to do? I did this once a few years back and it seemed to cause a problem and one of my friends straightened it out and got them done. I don't want to impose on her too much. Is there some way I can submit them?

Thanks!

I was hoping someone could help me with my temple work or explain how to get it done. I have some relatives ready to do their work. If I reserve them and print them out to take to the temple but I am not near a temple what do I do? If I have no TR but I am near a temple can I drop them of at the temple for someone to do? I did this once a few years back and it seemed to cause a problem and one of my friends straightened it out and got them done. I don't want to impose on her too much. Is there some way I can submit them?

I don't think temples want you to drop off the printed cards that you're unable to do the work for yourself. In fact, I think most temples will refuse them.

It is my understanding that the correct procedure is to:

1. Sign in to FamilySearch.org
  2. Unreserve the name.
  3. Destroy the printed card.
  4. Reserve the name again.
  5. Assign the name to the temple (rather than to yourself).

If you don't want to go that route, you'll have to find a temple patron who will take your card and do the work. Remember to get the card back from them though since the card will be reused for additional ordinances.

Anyway, I think there are a couple of temple ordinance workers that post on this board and there are probably a number of others that know more about all this than I do. Hopefully they can provide further guidance.

I don't think temples want you to drop off the printed cards that you're unable to do the work for yourself. In fact, I think most temples will refuse them.

It is my understanding that the correct procedure is to:

1. Sign in to FamilySearch.org
  2. Unreserve the name.
  3. Destroy the printed card.
  4. Reserve the name again.
  5. Assign the name to the temple (rather than to yourself).

If you don't want to go that route, you'll have to find a temple patron who will take your card and do the work. Remember to get the card back from them though since the card will be reused for additional ordinances.

Anyway, I think there are a couple of temple ordinance workers that post on this board and there are probably a number of others that know more about all this than I do. Hopefully they can provide further guidance.

No, that will work fine for me, thanks. I figured I was missing a step.

Rod, you may find more pleasure in asking a member close to you to perform the work on your behalf rather than turning it over to the temple. In doing so you have more control over when the work is actually completed. Also, wards will often have temple night once a month and the youth will have a night where your family names could be used. It is always better to ask a specific person to do the work for you rather than wait for others to do them.