Seriously No Politics ×

"New Schism Surfaces Among Gay Mormons"

BookofMormonLuvr

Yeah. It's not really a new schism... it's just people who haven't been recognized very well. There are a lot of people who struggle with SSA who choose to stay in the church and stay morally clean. They just oftentimes don't talk about it much... which I respect. It's a private issue.

So, apparently some outspoken gay Mormons are mad at other outspoken gay Mormons for not being gay enough...

http://www.sltrib.co...essage.html.csp

:rofl:

Glad you found a reason to laugh/mock your fellow brothers and sister.

And you have misrepresented the article, the ex sec is a celibate man who identities as homosexual, his complaint is the harmful message akin to reparative therapy. Is the married guy gay or just bisexual?.

Don't see it as mocking, but I do see it as business as usual within the religious GLBT community. The "Side A" and "Side B" debate as to whether gay sexual relations are compatible with Christianity continues. I hope that someday that the GLBT community as a whole learns to respect those who choose to be celibate or remain married. I also hope that someday it even offers support for these decisions.

I am sorry I am not sympathetic to those trying to extol the virtues of deviant sin behavior or who are trying to convince people that they can't change from sin to righteousness.

Yeah. It's not really a new schism... it's just people who haven't been recognized very well. There are a lot of people who struggle with SSA who choose to stay in the church and stay morally clean. They just oftentimes don't talk about it much... which I respect. It's a private issue.

I have never understood those who demand tolerance for allowing more options of lifestyles also demanding that certain options not be allowed/tolerated.

I am sorry I am not sympathetic to those trying to extol the virtues of deviant sin behavior or who are trying to convince people that they can't change from sin to righteousness.

So now it is judging others.

CFR that someone from the article is trying to convince others they can't change from sin to righteousness.

CFR that someone in the article is "trying to extol the virtues of deviant sin behavior".

Perhaps I missed something but in your wanton haste to mock and judge, you have falsly accused another and misrepresented the article.

The Brother who withdrew from the gathering is not advocating homosexual behaviour nor is he advocating sin as righteousness.

So you do the norm for a Christian and mock?

You apparently can't see the humor in those demanding they not be judged judging others so vigorously.

You probably don't get the Stooges either.

Neither does my wife.

I am just shocked that not all gay Mormons don't think and act exactly the same. Maybe they should initiate a gay correlation program.

I find it even more interesting that anyone would take the opportunity to judge, make false claims and belittle a group that they will have nothing to do with. What is this thread all about anyway? Let's make grand stereotype negative generalities about gays and their behavior towards those that handle their situations different than they do? Does that make you feel better about yourself and how you treat gay people? Just what part of this discussion is Christ-like?

Archived