Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Inheritors Of The Telestial Kingdom


Recommended Posts

Posted

Are these scriptures speaking of ministering to the same group-

Yes and no. The term "heirs of salvation" has multiple and overlapping meanings.

If this earth is the "Telestial kingdom" as the temple states, are these twoverses speaking of the same group?

Same issue: scriptural terms have multiple and overkapping meanings.

Think about who John appears to while he tarries on the earth, what and how he would minister for them, and how they are heirs of salvation. The term “minister for” means to bring the Lord’s directions to others in matters of the kingdom of heaven. Verse 7 shows that Peter ministers for John and for James as their presiding angel.

Several times it has been pointed out that confusion arises from applying the exact same meaning to the exact same words when in fact they are being used differently in different scriptures and settings. I applaud your efforts to remain true and faithful with the understanding you have managed to pull together. But if you are the one with all the questions, a good experiment would be to see things as explained from the perspectives of those taking the time to answer (I did this with you and couldn't make sense of it, but oh well...). It would be interesting to see how a thread on each of your questions would play out, which I think would be a good idea for you to do.

Posted

Yes and no. The term "heirs of salvation" has multiple and overlapping meanings.

Same issue: scriptural terms have multiple and overkapping meanings.

Think about who John appears to while he tarries on the earth, what and how he would minister for them, and how they are heirs of salvation. The term “minister for” means to bring the Lord’s directions to others in matters of the kingdom of heaven. Verse 7 shows that Peter ministers for John and for James as their presiding angel.

Several times it has been pointed out that confusion arises from applying the exact same meaning to the exact same words when in fact they are being used differently in different scriptures and settings. I applaud your efforts to remain true and faithful with the understanding you have managed to pull together. But if you are the one with all the questions, a good experiment would be to see things as explained from the perspectives of those taking the time to answer (I did this with you and couldn't make sense of it, but oh well...). It would be interesting to see how a thread on each of your questions would play out, which I think would be a good idea for you to do.

Perhaps it would be good to start at the beginning and address some basic issues with salvation in LDS doctrine. A new thread I guess is in order because I really want to stop warring with myself.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...