Eat Chocolate Cake For Breakfast - Lose Weight

BCSpace

It sounds too good to be true but new research says having dessert - along with the traditional fry up - burns off the pounds.

Morning is the best time to consume sweets because that's when the body's metabolism is most active - and we have the rest of the day to work off the calories, a new study shows.

Eating cookies or chocolate as part of breakfast that includes proteins and carbs also helps stem the craving for sweets later.

Researchers split 193 clinically obese, non-diabetic adults into two groups who consumed either a low-carb diet that included a 300-calorie breakfast or a balanced 600-calorie breakfast that included a chocolate cake dessert.

Halfway through the 32-week study both groups had lost an average of 33 lbs per person. But in the second half of the study the low-carb group regained an average of 22 lbs per person - while the dessert gorgers lost another 15 lbs each.

http://www.telegraph...ose-weight.html

Enjoy! Am worried about what it says about low-carb diets as those are the only ones with which I seem to be able to lose weight. And of course one can't see an article like this without recalling the old classic Bill Cosby:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmN4KnfPxQ

The cocoa butter in chocolate is even better for you apparently. Milk chocolate has low amounts in comparison to dark chocolate, but since one can get cocoa butter by itself why not just go that route. Coconut oil is supposed to help as well.

Just bizarre how somethings are being completely turned on their head by current studies.

And I do think you have to go with what works for you. If you can only lose on low carb, do that, but maybe once you have lost slowly switch to a more balanced diet including one with good fats.

Last time I tried a low carb diet, my cravings disappeared....but that was 10 years ago. Since then life has been too up and down to try it (which is too bad because I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks, thank goodness because at the end of the 6 weeks, my daughter was diagnosed diabetic and since I am an anxiety eater...boy, did I seek comfort and sedation in food for the next year or so.)

That Bill Cosby routine is one of my favorites. Love his humor. :D

Calmoriah, I am a bit of an emotional eater, as well. If I get a little bit nervous, I want to eat. And I love sweets. I try to be moderate in consumption, but if I'm having an emotional day, I will want them more.