Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Sunday PM General Conference

Song . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hymn #

On This Day of Joy And Gladness

Come Unto Jesus

Hope of Israel . . . . . . . . . . 259 -- congregational hymn

I Need Thee Every Hour

Edited by HiJolly

Why is it that GC hymns come from an apparently very limited pool? It seems like we sing "Redeemer of Israel," "How Firm A Foundation," etc. *every* time.

I like them ---- I just wonder why we don't use many other hymns ----- especially since we have expert choirs performing them (and not our ward congregations or choirs).

Why is it that GC hymns come from an apparently very limited pool? It seems like we sing "Redeemer of Israel," "How Firm A Foundation," etc. *every* time.

I like them ---- I just wonder why we don't use many other hymns ----- especially since we have expert choirs performing them (and not our ward congregations or choirs).

Are you talking about congregational hymns or choir selections?

If it's the former, perhaps they select hymns that are well known due to the lack of availability of hymnals at conference. Yes, I know the words are projected on the screen in the Conference Center, but I don't think that's the case where the sessions are carried elsewhere, and having the words is not as useful as having the musical notation along with them.

If it's the latter, I guess I don't perceive an undue sameness. That said, I do believe the Brethren want us to be well acquainted with the songs of Zion, as they are an important part of our liturgy.

I think 5 of these are completely new arrangements. It's really wonderful to see what Ryan & Mack can do!

Very nice arrangements - and very well performed. Kudos!!

The A Capella men's section in Redeemer of Israel stood the hair up on my neck and arms! I don't know what part you sing but the Tenors are in rare form today. Very nice.