Nuero-Science And The Problem Of Evil

I came across this article and have a problem with the conclusion of the researcher in question for one reason... If they truly did not understand that their behaviors are abnormal and talk about them like "they talk about what they had for breakfast"- they wouldn't hide their crimes, they wouldn't do those things under the shadow of darkness. They would just engage in the activity where ever and when ever they felt like it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-15386740

Edited by BookofMormonLuvr

BookofMormomLuvr:

Everything you will ever do, feel, sense, hear, taste, think, believe(in this life) will happen in your brain. What is interesting from psychological standpoint is how we are all different in what we do, feel, sense, hear, think, believe, and still largely function in a compentant, civilized manner.

Ps. Having taken plenty of abnornmal psychology classes. It is a first semester student that sees themselves as having ALL of the characteristics of the mentally ill. :) It is not the presence of a particular trait, but its relative abundance. IE: All of us have at least some cancer cells running about in our bodies, but most never go onto die from cancer.

Edited by thesometimesaint

Ps. Having taken plenty of abnornmal psychology classes. It is a first semester student that sees themselves as having ALL of the characteristics of the mentally ill. :) It is not the presence of a particular trait, but its relative abundance. IE: All of us have at least some cancer cells running about in our bodies, but most never go onto die from cancer.

That is what I try to tell my other personality but he keeps insisting we are deranged. Advice?

Reminds me of the old psychiatric hotline joke:

If you’re obsessive-compulsive, please press “1” repeatedly.

If you’re co-dependent, please ask someone to press “2.”

If you suffer from dissociative identity disorder, please press “3,” “4,” “5,” and “6.”

If you’re depressed, it doesn’t matter what number you press.

If you're anxious, simply start hitting numbers at random.

If you’re paranoid schizophrenic, don’t press anything; we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.

:D;)

Yes, I know, (first-hand, although I'll be the first to admit that not all mental illnesses are created equal) that mental illness is no laughing matter. However, I also know (as Hawkeye Pierce of M*A*S*H fame once said about war) that sometimes joking about it is the only way one can open one's mouth about it without screaming.