Made Me Laugh...

Bsix

Okay, this isn't the usual red-meat debate worthy topic for this message board. This is something that made me laugh. (This means this thread will have a shelf life of about five minutes on this message board.

The Lower Lights is folk band based in Provo. They do great version of LDS hymns, and more.

The copyright notice on the back of their album "Hymn Revival" is a hoot.

"All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. Besides, why would you steal a record full of songs about Jesus?"

2649188453-1.png

If you are interested, check out their version of "Ye Elders of Israel" here:

http://thelowerlights.bandcamp.com/track/ye-elders-of-israel

Enjoy. (And, don't steal this music.)

Okay, this isn't the usual red-meat debate worthy topic for this message board. This is something that made me laugh. (This means this thread will have a shelf life of about five minutes on this message board.

The Lower Lights is folk band based in Provo. They do great version of LDS hymns, and more.

The copyright notice on the back of their album "Hymn Revival" is a hoot.

"All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. Besides, why would you steal a record full of songs about Jesus?"

2649188453-1.png

If you are interested, check out their version of "Ye Elders of Israel" here:

http://thelowerlight...lders-of-israel

Enjoy. (And, don't steal this music.)

I am all for that rendition to be sung in sacrament meeting. I think I'll talk to my bishop.

Edited to add: I just sent him an e-mail.

Edited by ERayR

I am all for that rendition to be sung in sacrament meeting. I think I'll talk to my bishop.

Somehow, I can't quite visualize a woman singing "Ye Elders of Israel", while the ward choir members stomp their feet as anything I'll be seeing in sacrament meeting any time soon.

Although I'd love to...

Six

Edited by Bsix

On the other hand, a Chick singing "Ye Elders of Israel" would be a fabulous missionary recruiting tool! The missionary force would be back above the 60K threshold in no time flat!

P.S.: Uhhh, I mean Sister-Chick!

Edited by Kenngo1969