Nice Testimony

Daniel Peterson

Do you mean the video that is on the page that comes up when you click on "learn more"?

A renowned scientist testifies of our premortal life, our divine Creator, and the limitless perspective of eternal life.

Apparently lds.org takes one back to the previous page, but the video matches the link you give above so I am assuming that it what you mean.

And it is a nice testimony.

I like the idea of science and religion being two witnesses of God and the analogy of needing two eyes to see three dimensional.

One caution: I looked up the quote and found that it is being attributed to Sir James Jean, not Eddington (though he has some good stuff to say as well, especially about creeds)...

The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.

The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.

Whoever said it, I think it's inspired.

Loved the testimony. Beautiful.

Sort of like quoting Leonard Arrington's own published words.

I've caught all sorts of flak for that hideous, unethical act.

Of course you did. You deserved to.

Don't you know that relying upon a man's own considered, intentionally published words, and treating them as if they represented his actual thoughts that he wanted others to know, represents the very nadir of unethical behaviour?

I mean -- how could you?

And now you're pointing us to where the Mormon (ugh!) Church (ptuh!) did the very same thing!!!

And while the usual chorus of naysayers over at the sty have greeted the testimony with the usual derisive grunts, they don't seem to have made the connection.

It is a really nice testimony, BTW. Very inspiring.

Regards,

Pahoran

The Stalker's towering rage over my quoting from Leonard Arrington's published expressions of faith was one of the weirdest, most bizarre examples of his general hostility that I've seen during his half-decade-long crusade against me.

And I suspect that it says something about his identity, too -- though, since he runs his defamatory campaign from the cover of deep anonymity, I don't know exactly what it says.

He's inevitably hostile and outraged, no matter what the topic. But whenever I mention Mike Quinn or Mormon historians he goes utterly berserk. He's obsessed with Quinn, in particular.

The Stalker's towering rage over my quoting from Leonard Arrington's published expressions of faith was one of the weirdest, most bizarre examples of his general hostility that I've seen during his half-decade-long crusade against me.

I agree. But what's really astonishing is the number of the sty's residents who dutifully, even eagerly, fell in line with the Alpha Boar and agreed that there was something dishonest, "creepy" or otherwise wrong about accurately quoting someone's actual published words.

And I suspect that it says something about his identity, too -- though, since he runs his defamatory campaign from the cover of deep anonymity, I don't know exactly what it says.

He's inevitably hostile and outraged, no matter what the topic. But whenever I mention Mike Quinn or Mormon historians he goes utterly berserk. He's obsessed with Quinn, in particular.

Seeeeehr Interessant...

Regards,

Pahoran

I agree. But what's really astonishing is the number of the sty's residents who dutifully, even eagerly, fell in line with the Alpha Boar and agreed that there was something dishonest, "creepy" or otherwise wrong about accurately quoting someone's actual published words.

Indeed.

That even so transparently weird an objection managed to attract a small but vocal cheering section speaks volumes about the spirit of the place.

Archived