Where Do Banned Members Go After Banning?

I've been a little distracted from the board during the past few weeks, and I come back to see what has happened while I was distracted.

I happened to think of 44Foxtrot, with whom I have locked horns from time to time, and looked him up in the members list to see what he had been up to, only to discover that he had been banned. I wasn't surprised, since he was constantly treading close to the line with his disrespectful comments about church leadership, and since I like to find out what triggers the banning of familiar members, I chased down the fateful post. Minos tagged him with an "Adieu" here.

While searching I noticed that his last activity (according to his member page) was "A day ago"! Yet he was banned on April 18 or so.

This seems to suggest that even banned members can log on, even if they can't post. Is this the case? I suppose a banned member would have to log on in order to send a PM to the mods to ask to be reinstated, so perhaps 44Foxtrot is trying to get back on. I have no objection to that, for all that he was annoying as all get out. He also totally ignored a long post I made a couple days before his banning, in reply to something he wrote. And I spent a couple of hours crafting that post! It's like cooking a big meal and have nobody comment on how good (or bad) it was. Either he didn't see it, or my logic was so unassailable that he didn't dare acknowledge it. But nobody else said it was a brilliant post, either, so maybe it wasn't as good as I thought. Maybe I should just stick to one-liners.

Anyway, not that I am worried about getting banned, but how does one actually go about getting back in once one has been excommunicated from the board? I know of at least one person who was excommunicated twice and managed to get back in: our dear cinepro.

Anyway, not that I am worried about getting banned, but how does one actually go about getting back in once one has been excommunicated from the board? I know of at least one person who was excommunicated twice and managed to get back in: our dear cinepro.

You beg and promise to start contributing to the community instead of sucking its resources. However, for some there is no redemption.

Nemesis