Have You Heard Of The Order Of Aaron Or Maurice Glendenning Before?

Joseph Antley

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of the Order of Aaron or Maurice Glendenning before?

• Yes.
    • Sounds familiar but not sure.
    • Maybe but I don't think so.
    • No.
    • Other

I was hoping the posters here could help me out. Have you ever heard of Maurice Glendenning or the Order of Aaron (or Aaronic Order), the sect that he established?

Alternatively have you ever heard anything about Eskdale, Partoun, or Trout Creek in western Utah?

I ask because I'm currently doing a research project on the group after I discovered that a distant cousin apostatized to the sect in the 1940s and wanted an idea of how familiar they might still be to Mormons, especially the educated group that posts here.

Nope, I will try and remember to ask my husband though as he was born in Utah and likes history and has taken extensive bike trips for fun since we moved back down here several years ago.

add-on: no go, hasn't heard of it.

There were always several Aaronite girls up at USU when I went there, with their distinctive dress and cap. The ones I was around (I was always careful not to speak first and otherwise respect their privacy) were quite bright and seemed very kind.

My wife was friends with an apostate from that group for years and years, though they haven't spoken or written in over a decade.

I always figured what they wanted to do was their business. Don't know a thing about their specific beliefs.

The Remnant Church is currently studying the claims of the House of Aaron of being direct descendants of Aaron and perhaps fulfillment of the D&C concerning Levitical Bishops...

D&C 68:16

16 And if they be literal descendants of Aaron they have a legal right to the bishopric, if they are the firstborn among the sons of Aaron;

D&C 107

** various verses **

There were always several Aaronite girls up at USU when I went there, with their distinctive dress and cap. The ones I was around (I was always careful not to speak first and otherwise respect their privacy) were quite bright and seemed very kind.

My wife was friends with an apostate from that group for years and years, though they haven't spoken or written in over a decade.

I always figured what they wanted to do was their business. Don't know a thing about their specific beliefs.

Do they wear very tall white caps?

Heard of the "Order of Aaron" when I was bored and curious what kind of splinter groups are out there and how they justified their existance. Honestly, I dont remember much other than that.

Of course, The there is an Order of Aaron in the Church as well, though we really don't speak about it as such. It's a shame we don't talk about the Orders of the Priesthood more. We sure talk about the Offices alot.

Archived