Seriously No Politics ×

Glamour article on Mormon Virgin

Lamanite

Original Glamour Article

Excerpts:

Well this months Glamour came and guess what? Here is her new contribution:

I wanted to bold and italicize some of the exerpt but I thought I would just leave it open to discussion.

Thoughts?

Big UP!

Lamanite

Give it time Honey, some consequences are latent for quite awhile.........the regrets will come........

oh yeah, and why would someone subscribe to "GLAMOUR" anyway.....?

Give it time Honey, some consequences are latent for quite awhile.........the regrets will come........

oh yeah, and why would someone subscribe to "GLAMOUR" anyway.....?

You don't subscribe to Glamour? How else would I find out what cute peep-toe wedges are in fashion this Spring? That's my key to the best Mother's Day presents...LOL!

Nothing beats a pair of Ferragamo flats in the Spring and Summer!

Big UP!

Lamanite

TMI?

I'm less disappointed in her decision to have sex before she got married (being the libertarian I am and the adult that she is) than I am in her decision to write an article about it.

Agreed. Her contributions a filled with justifications and thinking errors. It also seems as if she has little to know grasp of the Doctrines of the Mormon Faith.

Big UP!

Lamanite

Anyone else like me who "saw that coming" given all that she said previously on the issue, especially the inappropriate intimacy?

Unfortunate. :P Especially her not "regretting" doing it. People that are truly good people, people trying to be better may sin and falter, but to not "regret" it, not feel sorrow for your sins is something I simply can't understand. My Ex-wife is like this. Living her wonderful perfect utopia life with no consequences and no desire and effort to be and do better. I and everything good simply doesn't "exist" anymore, only her current so-called reality and desires do.

On an unrelated note, our EQ lesson last week focused on the basics of giving blessings. When the teacher was reviewing whether or not it was ever OK to use an oil other than olive oil (no), I thought to suggest that we should use extra virgin olive oil if the person isn't married.

I think this young woman is slowly discovering that nothing horrible happens to you if you have unmarried sex.

The costs of fornication are spiritual only (in my opinion).

If you engage in premarital sex and it is your belief that this is wrong, there will be remorse and spiritual suffering. The only way to alleviate such suffering is to repent or change your belief system. I think she is going with the latter.

On another note: I think this is a classic example of the proverbial "frog boiling in the pot." I don't know of any normal relatively worthy person who one day chooses to, lets say, go out and start shooting heroin. However, I know plenty of Moms and Dads who get their first prescription for pain pills and slowly begin abusing them. Little by little and over an extended period of time, we may find that person on 200 south in SLC with a needle hanging out of their arm. Serious sin begins with minor infractions.

Text book case of compromising values little by little and then serious sin and justification.

Big UP!

Lamanite

If you engage in premarital sex and it is your belief that this is wrong, there will be remorse and spiritual suffering. The only way to alleviate such suffering is to repent or change your belief system. I think she is going with the latter.

Agree.

On another note: I think this is a classic example of the proverbial "frog boiling in the pot." I don't know of any normal relatively worthy person who one day chooses to, lets say, go out and start shooting heroin. However, I know plenty of Moms and Dads who get their first prescription for pain pills and slowly begin abusing them. Little by little and over an extended period of time, we may find that person on 200 south in SLC with a needle hanging out of their arm. Serious sin begins with minor infractions.

I would say that experimenting fornication is not a 'gateway' drug to some horrible dead end of sexual degeneracy. Rather, having premarital sex with a romantic companion perhaps most likely puts you on the path to serial monogamy - not some sort of sexual heroin addict dying in a lonely alley.

Anyone else like me who "saw that coming" given all that she said previously on the issue, especially the inappropriate intimacy?

Yes.
Unfortunate. :P Especially her not "regretting" doing it.
Give her another 15-20 years, and then ask her if she has any regret.

So she's got three notches on her bedpost already, huh? And this is after what ... a year or less of sexual activity? Is she "shopping around" for the perfect mate, or just "making up for lost time"?

At her current promiscuity pace, she'll have had about 100 different partners in the same amount of time my wife and I have been faithfully married to one another.

I hope she writes another Glamour article on the occasion of her one hundredth encounter. No doubt it will also conclude with "I'm the same Elna I've always been."

Or sterility caused by an STD.

Or the crippling of her ability to commit herself to a rewarding marriage, and therefore a lifetime of loneliness.

While I'm glad I waited until I was married, what reason is there to assume that someone who isn't a virgin has a "crippled ability to commit themselves to a rewarding marriage"?

And do people who have had sex outside of marriage have less of an ability than someone who was previously married and thus isn't a virgin but only had sex inside of their marriage to someone else?

This list could go on and on.

I'm guessing the length of the list would only be bounded by your imagination.

The costs of fornication are spiritual only (in my opinion).

Sometimes.

When someone get's an STD, or has a baby out of wedlock, the consequences become not only very temporal, but also begin to affect people you love very much in negative ways that you can't take back.

If anyone really believes that the costs are only spiritual, they're probably not mature enough to be having sex, regardless of their religion.

Sometimes.

When someone get's an STD, or has a baby out of wedlock, the consequences become not only very temporal, but also begin to affect people you love very much in negative ways that you can't take back.

For teens and irresponsible people - I agree.

For consenting, mature, responsible adults, the 'material' costs of unwed sex are really nonexistent.

For teens and irresponsible people - I agree.

For consenting, mature, responsible adults, the 'material' costs of unwed sex are really nonexistent.

This is not true.

I personally know two people who are very responsible adults, and who are now dealing with the consquences of having sex as an adult out of wedlock.

Even responsible people mess up sometimes-it's the mind frame that the costs are 'really nonexistent' that contributes to the problem.

Archived